Donalacasa's Daybook: Monday, March 20, 2017

Sun Drenched by Niki Gulley



Outside my window...

Spring has arrived and the sunflowers are out. The weather is beautiful. I wish it would stay
that way, but alas, it is Texas so let's not get crazy.

I am thinking...


Of my great-aunt and my mother-in-law. They are both in their late 70s and have had health issues. Praying that Abba would grant them healing and long life. Also a cousin who has
gotten herself into trouble again. A friend who has been a long-time caregiver to her elderly mother has had to say her final goodbyes. I have so many other things on the prayer list as well.

I am thankful...


Princess Butterfly was chosen to go to Girl State in our state with full paid sponsorship! Look
at what Wikipedia says the benefits of selection to Girl State are. I had no idea it was this big
of a deal!
"Because the hundreds of students at any given Boys/Girls State represent the top talent of that age year, being elected to a high office, such as governor, at the event can be an important distinguishing achievement for college or Military Academies admissions. While each state's offerings differ, many programs offer College Credit to those attending Boys/Girls State. Additionally many colleges and universities offer scholarships and other awards to those attending a Boys/Girls State program. Also, The American Legion offers The Samsung Scholarship which is an endowed scholarship fund of $5 million to be administered by The American Legion. In 2010, ten $20,000 scholarships and 88 $1,000 scholarships were awarded to those who completed a Boys/Girls State program. Attendance at Boys State carries the same weight as earning the distinction of an Eagle Scout, especially when applying to US military schools and academies."

I am wearing...

Shorts and a t-shirt. Friend Hubby and I went walking earlier tonight. I am reading...

I'm still reading New England White. I read as I am falling asleep and so I woke myself up laughing reading a paragraph about how the husband complains leaving the Anglican Church
they attend for Christmas about the Gospels not saying anything about the number of wise
men and that they didn't visit the Messiah in the manger, but rather when he was older at a
house. It sounded like Friend Hubby! I had to suppress my laugh so I wouldn't wake him up.

Lisa See has a new book coming out in March called The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane. You
KNOW I'm going to have to get it. See what a couple of the reviewers have said.
“With strong female characters, See deftly confronts the changing role of minority women, majority-minority relations, East-West adoption, and the economy of tea in modern China. Fans of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan will appreciate this novel.” Library Journal
“I ought to know better by now. Don’t start a new Lisa See book right before bed. In fact, don’t bring a Lisa See book anywhere near your bed. You will never get to sleep on time. I stayed up so late last night reading this book that I fell asleep while I was reading. I was awakened by my Kindle falling onto my face when my hands relaxed. Don’t laugh, you know you’ve been there.”  NetGalley Review

I am listening to....


This song came on the car radio when I was taking Princess Butterfly and a friend to the mall.
I hadn't heard it in a while and now I can't get it out of my head.

The lyrics of Verse 2:

"[Yah] I took, I took Your Word 
and I hid it, I hid it in my heart,
so I could live as You commanded, 
in this world but set apart.
You said every promise You would keep,
if I would lay all of my sins, 
if I would lay them at Your feet;
so I’m begging You [Yah], 

Please remove these thorns."

I am watching...


I stayed up until 2 o'clock in the morning so I could catch up on This is Us before spoilers hit
me on the finale. I woke up a few hours later and could hear my husband watching it while he
got ready for work. He said, "No, no!" (he knows I hate spoilers) but I was happy to report
that I was caught up. The finale wasn't as emotional as the previous two episodes, but it
definitely left us at a cliffhanger.

I am learning...


Throughout my life in Christian churches, I was always taught that the "age of accountability," defined by Theopedia as: "The Age of Accountability is that time in the development of a
person when he or she can and invariably does sin against God and thus stands in the need of
personal redemption through Jesus Christ." I have most often heard the age of 12, based
either on Yeshua's age when He was left behind at the Temple or based historically on
Judaism's bar and bat Mitzvahs. In the Torah Portion Ki Tisa, Hoshana Rabbah makes a
really good argument for it being much higher than what the church has taught from
Exodus 30:14.

"From twenty years old and above. This passage gives us the first indication that the Torah viewed the age of accountability to be 20 years old (see also Num 1:3,18,20; 26:2). That is to say, those who died prior to age 20 were not held eternally accountable for their sins, and presumably might be given a second chance to live out their lives at some latter date, although there is no clear scriptural reference to confirm this notion. The idea that YHVH held one accountable for their sins after the age of twenty is supported by the fact that all Israelites over age of 20 (with the notable exceptions of Caleb and Joshua) died in the wilderness prior to entering the Promised Land because of sins they had committed during their wilderness journey, while those under age 20 were allowed into the land, presumably because YHVH considered them to be guilt free (Num 14:29; 32:11).  

If 20 is the age of accountability, then this begs the obvious question: what will happen to those who died before age 20? It is generally accepted by many in the church that babies or young children who have died before having had a chance to “accept Yeshua” will be given a second chance to do so. But what about those who died “unsaved” prior to age 20? Some have speculated that they may be resurrected at some time in the future and be allowed to live out their lives during the Millennium (see Isa 65:17–20).

Perhaps the reason Satan will be released at the end of the Millennium from the pit where he was held captive will be to give all those living on the earth at that time (including those who died under the age of accountability) a chance to accept or reject Yeshua. YHVH will use the devil to test the loyalties of this new crop of potential saints (Rev 20:7–10). Those who remain faithful will inherit eternal life, while those whom Satan seduces into rebellion will have their part in the second death (Rev 20:11–15)."

One of my favorite things...

Sometimes I get self-absorbed and I forget to do little things for the people closest to me. One
day on spring break, a breakfast date with a friend got postponed to another day and I
decided that I was going to go to the plant nursery and buy him a rosemary plant for his office
and I had planned to bring him some lunch. He must have been reading my mind because he
called me on the phone while I was at the nursery. We were able to have lunch together.
I think that was the first time we've had lunch together since he's had this job. We're going to
have to do that more often.

We also went to The Mann's World Family Tour with David and Tamela Mann and family. It
was great clean entertainment with a little ministry on the side. We got to take a picture with
them after the show and they seem like really down to earth people. Believe me, I have met
my share of gospel celebrities and you can smell the odor of their pride from way across the
room. There was no pretentiousness about them at all.

A few plans for the rest of the week...


This weekend, I will become "a woman of a CERTAIN age." I give Yehovah all the glory and
honor for allowing me to come to this point.

From the learning rooms...


I am trying to get my Algebra grade to a certain point. It's not high, but it is acceptable for
the amount of struggle I have to endure. I am very disappointed that my grade in French is
just a low B. I really want to bring it up. My grade in American History is 98% and my
average in World Civilizations is about 93% so I am very content with those.

Princess Butterfly is working hard. She wasn't feeling well this morning and missed English,
but bounced back for history.

Noticing that...


A couple of days ago, I joined a Facebook group for teacup collectors and I am already
learning so much! I bought this in the Azores in the late 80s. I didn't know it was a WWII souvenir.
http://www.artifactcollectors.com/collectible-porcelain-geisha-lithophane-cups-614.html 

Comments