Sunday, September 29, 2013

Outside my window... Sunset and 72 degrees.  Summer is definitely over.  

I am thankful... That the Holy Spirit showed up at our Sukkot celebration.  I am praying that He will continue the work of healing.

I am wearing... Girl Scout T-shirt and capris.  

I am creating... I bought some dirt so I can plant my fall seeds.  I have also been knitting a scarf.  

I am reading... The Face of a Stranger by Anne Perry.  I had started reading the third in the series, but it kept referring to the previous books.  It took me three trips to finally get the right book.  

I am hoping... That some of the seeds that were sown during Sukkot continue to grow.  

I am looking forward to... Getting my Girl Scout camping certificate and visiting my great-aunt soon.  

I am learning... How much I need and miss women's ministry.  Sometimes we get so busy as wife and mothers we forget to connect.  I think sometimes it feels like we're swimming under water and forget to come up for air.  i think sometimes of how my Native American and African ancestral mothers shared cooking fires.  I think in our business, we are lacking.  

One of my favorite things... I have been listening to a wonderful women's ministry teaching by a woman named Nancy Leigh Demoss called Revive our Hearts.  I am also listening to an old series she taught on Proverbs 31 called The Counter-Culture Woman:  A Fresh Look at Proverbs 31.    

From the learning rooms... Now that the fall Feasts are over, we may have more time in our schedule.  I came across a Bible Study on Proverbs that I'd like to try.  We are enjoying discussing having our lunchtime discussions of CNN Student News.

A peek into my day.... Canyon Lake where we celebrated the end of Sukkot.  
  
  
Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments

Post a Comment