Sunday, September 15, 2013

Outside my window... Mostly cloudy, 88 degrees at 1:30 p.m. 

I am thinking... I have decided that I will just wait and see what becomes of this merger between my company and the behemoth that bought it out. I don't want to make a move that is based on fear. 

I am thankful... For a sister in my fellowship being promoted to a position that will allow her to use her advanced degree. 

I am wearing... A short sleeved shirt and denim capris. 

I am creating... I started knitting a scarf for my son this week. He complains that since his sisters and I took up knitting over the past few years, he has gotten nothing. I have taken advantage of the time I have sitting in my daughter's volleyball games and in my children's karate testing to pull out my knitting bag. 

I am going... To buy some seeds, garden soil, and compost to get started on the fall garden this week. I am going to plant lettuce, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, broccoli, collards, peas, and carrots. I haven't been a successful gardener thus far, but I am not a quitter, so I'm starting again. 

I am reading...I found a book series My Diva hasn't even read. That is a miracle. It is a mystery series set in early Victorian England. The author Anne Perry, I just learned while writing this blog, was herself convicted of murder at that age of 15. She says of her time in prison that it was "the best thing that could have happened". "It was there that I went down on my knees and repented," she says. "That is how I survived my time while others cracked up. I seemed to be the only one saying, I am guilty and I am where I should be." Well, the book is off to a good start anyway. It is called Defend and Betray. 

I am praying ... For friends who are still trapped in religious tradition. It is difficult to watch, as we enter into the season of holidays so full of pagan origins. It is painful to watch so many I love blindly participate without a thought as to how these rituals are grossly misaligned with scripture and yet they follow along with the world as sheep to the slaughter. I am praying for my ability, as Paul prayed as well, "And pray for me, too, that whenever I open my mouth, the words will be given to me to be bold in making known the secret of the Good News, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may speak boldly, the way I should." Ephesians 6:19, 20 CJB 

I am looking forward to... Still looking forward to going camping and celebrating Sukkot with friends. I am learning... some things about myself that need work. A few plans for the rest of the week: We honor Yom Kippur on Monday at sunset through Tuesday at sunset, as the new moon sighting from Jerusalem is the biblical way to mark the days of the month. Hoshana Rabbah has a great calendar

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Reading through Natan Lawrence's thoughts on fasting for Yom Kippur.  

From the learning rooms... 
Sophomore: 
Bible: After playing Bible Outburst again on Friday night, I think it is hilarious that my children are better at biblical geography than knowing people in the Bible. I have no idea how that happened. 
English: Not as much English as I would like is taking place right now. I may have to hijack the schedule he made that seems to be more Chemistry and Geometry intensive and neglecting history and English. 

Eighth grader: 
Our system of changing assigned work from red to black seemed to work very well this week. On paper, she looks to have gotten a lot done. I haven't had a chance to check things yet today. 

Noticing that... I let myself fall behind in my line count again this week. *sigh* 

Pondering these words... “For it is not a worthless Word for you, because it is your life, and by this Word you prolong your days on the soil which you pass over the Yardĕn to possess.” Deuteronomy 32:47 ~ The Scriptures.  
It is heartbreaking how many believers totally disregarding the application of Scripture in their daily life choices. Yeshua said, "But He answered and said to them, “My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.” Luke 8:21 NKJV. 
James said, "Thus, faith by itself, unaccompanied by actions, is dead. But someone will say that you have faith and I have actions. Show me this faith of yours without the actions, and I will show you my faith by my actions! You believe that “God is one”? Good for you! The demons believe it too — the thought makes them shudder with fear! But, foolish fellow, do you want to be shown that such “faith” apart from actions is barren? Wasn’t Avraham avinu declared righteous because of actions when he offered up his son Yitz’chak on the altar? You see that his faith worked with his actions; by the actions the faith was made complete; and the passage of the Tanakh was fulfilled which says, “Avraham had faith in God, and it was credited to his account as righteousness.” He was even called God’s friend. You see that a person is declared righteous because of actions and not because of faith alone." James 2:17-24 CJB. 
It is not about SAYING you believe, it is about allowing the world to see you LIVE what you believe. 

From the kitchen... Waiting to see what Friend Hubby brings home from the store today. I've got to try that orzo that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, a sister brought a tabbouleh salad to our Sabbath fellowship. It was SO delicious! I'm afraid to try it though. I think I might mess it up. :-) 

Around the house... I am mopping the kitchen floor TODAY! (in a minute, really). LOL 

Honor where honor is due: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments

Post a Comment