Donalacasa's Daybook: Monday, September 16, 2019

Image result for sunflower disappointment


Outside my window... It is still so hot! I can understand some of my brethren's desire to keep the Feasts of the Most High, but I cannot understand those who consider the full moon the "renewed moon" and are trying to keep the Fall Feasts when it is not even Fall yet. For us, Yom Teruah will come at the next crescent of the New Moon.
I am thankful...
Crown Prince Sanban had a situation with his car, but it happened while he was parking rather than driving and he was safe. HalleluYah! I am wearing...
Shorts and a t-shirt. I am listening to....
My Dear Hamilton by Stephanie Dray. I'm listening for the differences in story lines from Hamilton the musical.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
My children's university has a parent network and there is a parent prayer meeting this week. I went to a couple back in 2016 when The Grand Duchess was working for the university and Crown Prince Sanban was a freshman. From the learning rooms...
I went to a symposium at The Grand Duchess' job. It was very interesting! Some of the graduate students that spoke about their projects fell right in line with some of the things that I am studying right now. Pondering these words...
I hate how when I have been offended that I ruminate on the conversation over and over in my head. I have to learn to find something to counter that. I have been listening to programs where women have spoken about memorizing whole passages of Scripture. One woman memorized ALL of Psalm 119. Can you imagine? All of it! I probably haven't memorized long sections of Scripture since my kids were in Awana Club. I have a voice recorder on my phone. I'll have to think about where a good place would be to start. From the kitchen...
Friend Hubby is trying to cut salt out of his diet. I will try to come up with some ideas. What I really need to do is stop by Trader Joe's on my way home one day. I follow several fan pages on Instagram and there are a few things that I am anxious to try.
My self-care...
You know how I always say that Abba gives us a plan and the plan works beautifully. Then we decide to modify the plan and then it all falls apart? Yep, that's why in spite of the fact that I have a gym bag packed and ready to go in my car, last week I made it to the gym a grand total of TWO times and in addition, I gained back TWO pounds that I lost. I am also not keeping myself accountable like I was. Lack of exercise affects my mood for certain. This week I'll have to do better.

Journaling is part of my self-care as well. Otherwise, I tend to ruminate about things that bother me or otherwise get in a mental feedback loop over offenses. Shalom and blessings!

Comments