Day Book: Monday, October 5, 2015


Outside my window... A beautiful 82 degrees.

I am thinking... Of how completely exhausted but happy I am.  We spent our 2nd year in the same location going camping for a weekend during Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles/Booths).  I LOVE this place.  The lyrics kept going through my head:  "The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap) deep in the heart of Texas!"  

I am thankful... For less drought this year.  Last year I didn't venture down to the water.  This year, we brought our dog and went for long walks and had deep conversations with friends that are more family than family.  The weather was beautiful the whole weekend.  I am thankful for my children who are wise and discerning beyond their years.  I am thankful for friends who walk in wisdom.  

I am thankful for coming into the knowledge of the truth of Torah, "And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth."  John 1:14 YLT

I am wearing... Sweats and a T-shirt with the windows wide open.  

I am creating... I was able to do a few rows on my great-aunt's shawl this weekend.  

I am going... To start training for my new job in the morning.  

I am looking forward to... Bedtime.  I'm so tired!  LOL

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:  We were talking today about how in our homeschool we have always had Bible at the beginning of the day but allowed the Scriptures to infuse through the other subjects.  For example, grading Pre-calc is literally like speaking a different language and it should not be spoken out loud without the interpretation.  Sometimes, when I have having a challenging time working through some Algebra problems, I am guarding my mind by reciting, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in my sight, O Yah, my strength and my redeemer..."

Sophomore:  I am pleased that she is doing such a good job balancing her new job with her school work.  Some days are more challenging than others.  Even though they are homeschooled and are available to work during the day, their minds are most active between 9 and 3.  Texas Labor Laws say that 14 and 15 year olds cannot work during the school hours, nor can she work a closing shift the night before a school day.  Having the knowledge that you've got to get it done before work is a helpful incentive.  

From the kitchen...  All the ladies that attended our Sukkot weekend brought their handy dandy crock pots, even The Grand Duchess.  We learned that not only would they keep hot things hot, but they would also keep cold things cold.  We used them to keep the condiments on ice at times.  We also brought the roaster to keep baked potatoes warm.  We had two kinds of soup, some macaroni and cheese, and all the fixings for sandwiches and salad.  We had muffins and coffee for breakfast.  Friend Hubby brought his new best friend, the propane grill.  It was awesome to have for turkey bacon, turkey sausage, hamburgers and hot dogs.  We also had the ingredients to make some breakfast tacos.  

Speaking of breakfast tacos, I'm going to throw some together to put into the freezer because this is going to be a busy week.  

Whew!  I'm tired!  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *


Find me on Facebook.

Comments

  1. I am pretty sure that our Abba threw a few extra million beautiful stars up there just to bless us even more for "tabernacle'ing" with Him (and on HIS schedule :-) !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're right! I can't wait until next year!

      Delete

Post a Comment