Donalacasa's Daybook: Monday, June 18, 2018



































Outside my window...
We've been in the 90s, but I don't go outside much. I just go from air conditioner to air conditioner. I am thankful...
The Air Force returned my manchild safely home to us. Crown Prince Sanban successfully
completed his field training and is now officer material. Some of the feedback he got back
on his leadership style had our family scratching our heads asking, "That's a problem,
huh?" Oh well! When my children were young, I would always be okay when they were
away the first night, but after the second night, I would always miss them terribly. I am
accustomed to Sanban being away at college and ignoring our text messages, but this time
he was totally without communication with us. It was really hard. I pray the Air Force
never sends him somewhere where he was in total communication blackout. Even Friend
Hubby got a morale call once a week when he was on a remote assignment.

The Grand Duchess outdid herself buying Father's Day gifts for her Daddy; a much desired
watch with a beautiful watch storage box for more watches in the future, and some huarache
sandals just in time for summer fun. Princess Butterfly treated the family to tickets to see
The Incredibles II. The Incredibles is one of our favorite family movies. The sequel did not
disappoint. I am wearing...
Princess Butterfly bought new clothes to wear to the gym. I may have to compete. I am
WAITING for my ModCloth dress to arrive. I am reading...
I have read 14% of White Chrysanthemum. I am listening to....
Sitting in the dark kitchen listening to vintage gospel recordings with Friend Hubby. I am watching...
Something occurred recently that reminded me of how out of touch I am with whatever is on TV. I am praying...
For the same unexpected occurrence that happened to me this week to happen to Princess Butterfly. I am looking forward to...
Going to my university this week to register for classes toward my bachelor's degree.

One of my favorite things...
In case you missed our Shabbat service this past week, I taught on the biblical definition of a prophetess and Friend Hubby began teaching wisdom from the book of Sirach. 
Watch "June 16, 2018 ~ HGHC Shabbat SVC"

From the kitchen...
Since this was the first Shabbat in 3 weeks we were able to really rest and it was Rosh Chodesh (head of the month), I really took time to plan what we were going to have. I made a kosher variation of the Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins, Chicken Salad sandwiches on croissants (without grapes), Copycat BJs Tomato and Mozzarella Salaand Apple Berry Crisp. I set the table the night before so that when we came down in the morning, it looked like a celebration, which is exactly what Shabbat is.


Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins

Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins

IMG_1581
Copycat BJs Brewhouse Tomato Mozzarella Salad

Classic Chicken Salad Croissants
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches

<p>Apple Crisp</p>
Apple-Blackberry Crisp 

Around the house...
I am shredding our stacks of old mail, trying to retake possession of all the corners of my home.

My self-care...
I missed my cardio workouts last week, but did manage to go to the gym twice last week for a class. I also spent some time fasting and praying while awaiting word from Israel of the sighting of the moon, signifying the start of the 4th biblical month. It was really refreshing, getting my focus back in sync with Abba's calendar. Spending that time in preparation and anticipation was so effective, it caused my physical body to line up as well (read between the lines). That was actually surprising. I am glad that I was obedient to hear the call to do that. Now if I can just obey my bedtime....


repent return refresh
Shalom and blessings!

Comments