Donalacasa's Daybook: Monday, June 11, 2018

One of the Centerpieces from the Gold Award Luncheon

Outside my window...
Coming up on Rosh Chodesh, the New Moon this week.

Happy Rosh Chodesh - Head of the Month, to the appointment keepers of YHVH's set apart and appointed days. All are invited to meet with Him at the appointments He has made with mankind.


I am thinking...
What a full bittersweet weekend we have had! On Friday, we attended the graduations of many of my former and present Girls Scouts as well as one of Princess Butterfly's fellow Girls State citizens. Even girls who left my troop years ago will always be a part of me: Cal. A., Eri. A., Ken. B., Tor. C., Ama. C., And. D., Rac. E., Jay. G., Jen. H., Bro. H., Ter. H., Sop. H., Ash. J., Ale. K., Eri. L., Sop. L., Ken. L., Ell. M., Mau. M., Nee. M., Pen. M., Kate N., Cri. O., Hai. P., Lex. R., Kia. R., Han. R., Sus. R., Kam. S., Mik. S., Gra. S., Ken. S., Kae. S., Eli. T., Amb. V., Mor. V., Bri. V., Syd. W., Nat. Y. That's about 39 girls at last count. Friend Hubby and I wanted twice as many children as Yah blessed us with. Becoming a Girl Scout leader a couple of years after losing Dancing Angel left us gave me something positive to do. Not only do some of my Scouts call me their second or third mom, even one of their younger brothers trolls me on Instagram. One family saved us a couple of seats at the graduation. Another family had me rolling with stories people only tell among family. I picked up Princess Butterfly from work on her break on Sunday so we could run to one more party. My prayer for them all:


Related image
Holy Land Market Place
I am thankful...
Princess Butterfly's Girl Scout Gold Award ceremony was OUTSTANDING! It was almost like it was made just for her, although there were other girls there. The keynote speaker holds a high position in Princess Butterfly's favorite jewelry company, Kendra Scott! As a matter-of-fact, she was wearing Kendra Scott earrings and a necklace when they called her up to receive her certificate. She and the council CEO and the speaker fan-girled over the jewelry she was wearing before presenting her with her Gold Award pin that was attached to a Kendra Scott necklace worth over $100 that all the Gold Girls received. Afterward, the council paid for Princess Butterfly's meal and the girls' families enjoyed a fabulous lunch on the 21st floor restaurant with fabulous downtown views. When we got home, Princess Butterfly showed us the packet they gave her. She had SO many proclamations from the city council, our suburb's city council, our U.S. Congressional Representative, the U.S. Secretary of Defense, the Marine Corps League, a couple of Texas State Senators, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Governor of Texas, the Chief of the National Guard Bureau, a Texas State Congressional Representative, the Texas Lieutenant Governor, the Supreme Court of the United States, and former Presidents Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush. For a fan of politics like Princess Butterfly is, those were like giving candy to a baby. She also received numerous congratulatory letters! She and another Girl Scout from my troop also earned the Precious Metals Award. It is an award given to girls who have earned the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards. I am so proud of my little Princess Butterfly all grown up! I'm proud of all my babies.

We missed our Crown Prince Sanban. We usually celebrate all our family achievements together, but we won't be able to be at his pass and review for his field training graduation. I hope we get good pictures. I am wearing...
On the way to one of my Girl Scout's graduation party, the sandals I wore yesterday to the Gold Award luncheon broke. I'm glad it broke today rather than yesterday. I am reading...
I finished Parable of the Sower. Remind me never to stray from historical fiction again. I am watching...
Reruns of 1960s TV shows like Beverly Hillbillies. I am looking forward to...
My son returning home from Alabama.
From the kitchen...
I think next time I make some chili, I am going to replace one of the cans of tomatoes with a jar of Cowboy Caviar from Trader Joe's.

My self-care...
I have learned that I really need to work on getting no less than 7 hours a sleep per night or my joints hurt all day. The other day, I was ON TIME for my exercise class. I saw a lady who has been teaching at the gym since we first joined it 15 years ago. She started out teaching a nice little Pilates class. Now in her late 50s, she's teaching a class called INSANITY. She's definitely a testament of the benefits of physical exercise.
Shalom and blessings!

Comments