Donalacasa's Daybook, Monday, August 14, 2017



Outside my window... It was 100 degrees outside today, but it felt like 1,000,000 degrees.


I am thinking... What a mess this world is in. There is not much I can do for the unbeliever who will not or cannot see things from Yehovah's perspective, but I want to encourage the saints, the believers, the body of the Messiah worldwide. I want to remind my brothers and sisters scattered throughout the earth:



(Luke 10:2 TS2009)  "Then He said to them, “The harvest indeed is great, but the workers are few, therefore pray the Master of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest." 

I want to remind my brothers and sisters not to fall for every trick and scheme of the enemy:

(Ephesians 4:11-16 TS2009)   "And He Himself gave some as emissaries, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as shepherds and teachers for the perfecting of the set-apart ones, to the work of service to a building up of the body of the Messiah, until we all come to the unity of the belief and of the knowledge of the Son of Elohim, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the completeness of Messiah, so that we should no longer be children, tossed and borne about by every wind of teaching, by the trickery of men, in cleverness, unto the craftiness of leading astray, but, maintaining the truth in love, we grow up in all respects into Him who is the head, Messiah, from whom" the entire body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the working by which each part does its share, causes growth of the body for the building up of itself in love."
I want to remind my brothers and sisters that we are not ignorant of the enemy's devices.
(2 Thessalonians 2:9-10 TS2009) "The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power and signs and wonders of falsehood, and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth, in order for them to be saved."
My beloved, don't believe everything you see and hear with your natural eyes and ears.
(2 Corinthians 5:7 TS2009) "for we walk by belief, not by sight-".

I am thankful... We drove back up to the university behind Crown Prince Sanban driving Friend Hubby's old car for the new school year. He pretty much moved himself in since half of his stuff fit into the car and the other half was in The Grand Duchess' storage at her apartment that she'll be moving out of next month. I am in awe at how Yehovah is miraculously moving in our lives. Things we couldn't have possibly been able to do years ago, are becoming possible just as we need them to.

Although his primary major is film and digital media, Crown Prince Sanban decided the fine arts dorm he lived in last year was not the place for him. He bonded with his AFROTC buddies and decided to move into the ROTC dorm. Since The Grand Duchess is no longer working for the university, I explained to Friend Hubby earlier this summer how important it was to me that he have access to his own vehicle and not be at the mercy of getting rides from friends who may not be safe drivers. I'm glad he agreed with me. We hadn't been there a half an hour and when my son's roommate, backed into my son's car and dented the license plate. My point was made! I am also thankful that in his new dorm suite, he's also his own kitchen this year. No more being depressed over the dining hall food. He can cook for himself.

I am wearing... I have been buying things getting ready for the new school year. I got a good deal on unmentionables from JC Penney and a new pair of jeans from Maurice's. I am going to go back over there and get a denim jacket that I have a coupon for. I also put some tops on layaway at Cato.

I am creating... I am piecing together a festive tablescape for the Fall Feasts. We are getting excited!
I am listening to.... On my walk this morning, I listened to Bill Cloud's Torah Tidbit "Lying Signs and Wonders." I'm going to listen to it again on my next walk. This is a good word that needs to sink in.

I am looking forward to... Starting school. I don't start until the 28th, but I am ready.



From the learning rooms... We have started working on Algebra and tonight we picked up a book we started and had never finished called An Artist of the Floating World. Driving lessons are coming along as well.

Pondering these words... THIS!



From the kitchen... Tonight I made lamb steaks, skillet fried potatoes, and mixed vegetables with green beans, waxed beans, and little carrot balls that I love.

A peek into my day... I am really trying to make 10,0o0 steps a day a habit.

Comments

  1. Luke 10:2 is such a powerful verse! This really speaks to me as a blogger as I am sure it does to you as well. Also, the quote you mentioned in Pondering these words... is great! What a lovely thought. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment! Bloggers love feedback too, don't we? :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment