Monday, February 27, 2017

Outside my window...

It's been in the 80s. I can't enjoy it because I am either in class or in the library.

I am thankful...


This morning I was praying (and whining) about Algebra. Now that Girl Scout cookie sales and The Grand Duchess' first history fair is past, I feel like I can devote more time to my studies. I signed up for a math lab class that is not helpful AT ALL. I wasn't feeling well today and I actually snapped at the professor. I am thinking of dropping it. The people in the learning lab are much more helpful.

The Grand Duchess' first year as coordinator went well, in spite of some opposition against her. I'm so proud! I went to volunteer as a judge for some of the children's projects. I SO enjoyed interacting with the kids! I can't wait to start teaching on a regular basis. I am proud of Princess Butterfly as well. She was all over the place helping her sister get things done. She showed maturity, wisdom, and a good attitude in the face of pressure. I didn't get to see Sanban much because he was working on another big university project. He is wearing his AFROTC uniform now, having lost all the weight needed to get in it.

I am also thankful for our Monday night prayer call. Listening to my brothers and sisters pour their hearts out before our Abba blesses me.

I am wearing...


A shirt that Friend Hubby bought me at a truck stop as we were leaving the campground after Sukkot. It has become one of my favorites. Apparently you can get it from CBD as well. It is so comfortable too!

I am going...


No! I have been going TOO much! I need to rest.

One of my favorite things...

Watching my baby girl in her first grownup job. I used to talk to them about not just growing up and making money but growing up and making a difference. She is making a difference in the lives of these children by giving them an opportunity to learn from history and have the ability to share what they have learned. I am thankful that SHE is in the job and not someone who doesn't care about the children. I judged a few categories and I almost shed tears when the children I judged had their names called were so excited to put their medals on.

From the learning rooms...


Pray for Princess Butterfly and I to be able to get caught up on all our work. Princess Butterfly sold about 300 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies this year. I believe this is the most she has sold. We're not going to participate in the Opportunity Cookies, which is a clean up sale from whatever the council has left.

From the kitchen...


The Grand Duchess had catering for the judges at the history fair and I started eating guacamole and I couldn't stop! I had to go buy some. I am also becoming very addicted to dried tortellini.

Pondering these words...

Today is the beginning of the biblical month. Chodesh tov!

Isaiah 66:23 - “And it shall be that from New Moon to New Moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,” declares יהוה. "

Comments