Monday, November 7, 2016


Outside my window...  

We had a big beautiful rain today and the temperatures are getting milder.  


I am thinking...  

It's been a couple of weeks since I last blogged.  After the emotional low of laying our dear sister Rosebud to rest and the emotional high of Sukkot, I needed some time to adjust.  Sometimes life doesn't allow you that time.  Early Shabbat morning I learned that the woman who was supposed to be The Grand Duchess's godmother lost her 19-year-old daughter in a head-on collision.  I am going to try to sit down and write a letter to send to her in about a month, after the funeral, after all the friends and family have gone on with their lives.  I want to tell her about the pitfalls that are in the road ahead of her.  Everything in me wishes she didn't have to go through this, or anybody else for that matter.    
        

I am thankful...  

I was in the shower and this song came on.  I cried.  I shared it with my husband at breakfast yesterday morning.  We both cried.  In spite of everything we've been through, we still cannot help but be thankful for all our blessings and everything that Yehovah has seen us through.  


   

I am wearing...  

I got a new pair of jeans and a nice new sweater.  Maybe I won't hate winter so much if I get some new clothes.  
   

I am creating...  

I looked at my knitting bag the other day.  LOL  Since it is getting darker earlier and there is a whole season of Call the Midwife on Netflix that I have not watched 
   

I am reading... 

 Nothing but textbooks and a few pages a day of Life Management for Busy Women.    

I am watching...  

Call the Midwife, Season 5 is on Netflix and nobody told me!  


From the learning rooms... 

Back-to-school Mom:  So many assignments are due this week.   For my Humanities class, I have to report on the 3rd of 4 cultural events that I attended this semester.  I went to the museum today and watched some Native American dancers from the All-Indian Pow Wow this weekend.  I also walked through a special exhibit on Nazi Propaganda.  I'm going to use this for my 4th cultural event.  I also have a speech to give for both my public speaking class and my Humanities class.    

Young Adulting: The Grand Duchess, for the past 4 years, has worked for the very organization that did the interviews for the video Friend Hubby and I watched in the museum today.  So proud!

College Freshman:  Sanban had a bit of a disappointment a week or so ago, but the experience showed him what he is capable of.  Next year, when the opportunity rolls around again (if Yehovah is willing), he's going to kill it!      

High School Junior:   Princess Butterfly had did a great job on a paper for her history class.  That grade has helped her come up from where she was struggling at the beginning of the semester.  She also says she's her Honor's Government teacher's pet.  LOL  We've also started driving lessons so if somebody could pray.....

#jesusbeafence  #jesustakethewheel 

Pondering these words... 

From the kitchen... 

Lea & Perrins Marinade for Chicken and McCormick's Garlic, Herb, & Wine marinade make dinner great!  

The flagship Whole Foods downtown sells the beef bacon we like!  Whoo! Hoo!  They even confirmed that they would order it by the case for us too.  Friend Hubby had ordered a case of Schmacon.  It was okay, but I don't know how else to say this, but it doesn't smell or taste like Texas.  Wellshire Farms Beef Bacon, on the other hand, does.  


My self-care... 

Friend Hubby and I have a whole "date day"on Sundays.  On Saturday evening, I sat down and wrote out my priority goals for the week and for my husband for "date day" was to do a Catherine Marshall Fast.  It is an exercise in keeping my "know-it-all-ness" in check.  One critique that I have of the extroverts in my family is that they talk more than they listen and are thus more prone to misunderstanding.  This is a way for me to practice what I preach.  The first thing he wanted to talk to me about was what he learned about magnesium.  There have been times that he has talked about nutrition so much that rolling my eyes becomes an automatic involuntary movement.  On Sunday, I not only listened with interest, but I took his advice and took a magnesium supplement in the morning and in the evening.  For only the second time in the month that I have had my CPAP, I slept a full 8 hours without taking the mask off in the middle of the night.  Amazing!  


     

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. Shalom, achoti!!! Yes. Magnesium is awesome! I've been using it for years. I totally agree that new clothes can help turn our attitude around during personal down times in the year. Also, Abba recently discussed with me, my need to heed MY tongue, and to speak honestly. <Wow! When you fool yourself that you ARE (being honest). Thank you, Father! Oh, and may I remark that even though I know you and your 'personality type', you are WAAAAAYYY more outgoing than myself, I truly look up to you there as a role model. YHWH Bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, achoti! I wish more would. Love you!

      Delete

Post a Comment