Monday, August 15, 2016


Outside my window...  

Thankfully getting some rain.  


I am thinking...  

By the time you read this, my family and I will be moving Sanban into his dorm.  At the moment, as I'm writing, I'm just thinking ahead.  Ask me how I'm doing next week when I haven't heard from him.  The other day, we were in the car after his Civil Air Patrol change of command ceremony, I asked him if we could face time on Sundays like we do with The Grand Duchess.  The answer I got was kind of an uncomfortable "don't contact me, I'll contact you" type situation.  I confess, a few tears did fall.  It would be easy to say, "Well you've done this before so it shouldn't be so hard, but each is unique.  The Grand Duchess was the first to leave for college.  Sanban is our only son.  Princess Butterfly is the baby.  Each has its own emotions attached to it.  

When my The Grand Duchess left for college, we talked to her about the fact that when Jacob left home, he knew of the Elohim of Abraham and of the Elohim of Isaac, but he did not yet know the Elohim of Jacob for himself.  I expect that my children will have to progress beyond the Elohim of their parents and make Him their own in greater depth.  That certainly can't happen with me peaking over their shoulder every 5 minutes.  My role shifts now into the seat of intercessor, chief intercessor until Yah brings him a praying wife.  

I sometimes worry that my children will hold out looking for spouses that are like the parents that they have today.  If that's the case, they'll be waiting for 30 years because that's how long it took us to be who we are.  When we marry, we have no idea what our spouses are going to become in the future.  We marry someone with good character who shares our faith, and pray they always stay that way.  Marriage requires just as much faith as parenting.  You can have all the right elements, but you've still got to pray that they turn out to be good people.  Sometimes young women look for the one who looks perfect only to find that they are the ones who are the most insecure and they've learned how to put up a good front.  I pray they find someone who is humble, who acknowledges that there is room for growth, and wants to grow along side my child.  Both marriage and parenting require that we walk by faith and not by sight.  I've seen couples that started out as unbelievers become beautiful servants of The Most High.  I've seen religiously pious men beat their wives in secret.  Man looks on the outward appearance, but Yah looks on the heart.  I keep having conversations with young mothers who have their children's lives idealistically mapped out for them.  How they're going to meet, what pool they'll be allowed to select their spouse from, parents orchestrating every single detail.  Then I think about poor Anna Duggar.  I think about the 83-year-old woman I met in the library that day whose husband after writing the textbook on missions, committed adultery.  Let's not mention all the great preachers of today who can't seem to keep it in their pants.  It's not always the husbands.  There are some narcissistic wives out there as well.              


I am thankful...  

I was thankful that Sanban got Ms. Sophia and Ms. Nightengale's sons to come over so we could bless them together.  Ms. Sophia's family wasn't able to come with him, but Ms. Nightengale's family was here too.  Ms. Sophia's son hasn't had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor yet, so hopefully, they can be together in November around Thanksgiving and we can get a photo of all of them in their Eagle Scout uniforms.   
  

I am reading...  

Back Channel.  


I am watching...  

This young man's video had me on the floor crying as I prayed for angels to watch over my Sanban.  

 


I am looking forward to...  

Helping Princess Butterfly get her wardrobe ready for college.  Yesterday, we attended an event that is Princess Butterfly's second year participating.  Last year, there were 3 other African American young women who were a part of it, but none of them showed up to the social today.  The event was held at a mansion in the hills.  This was the first time I ever experienced valet parking at a private residence.  But I am so thankful that my girl is not the least bit intimidated by wealth, nor is she shy.  One of the guest speakers was a former Heisman trophy winner.  The other was an entrepreneur and owner of a large chain of ice cream shops.  All she needed to hear was the word entrepreneur and my girl made a beeline for the woman to speak with her.  I'm so proud of her, but I want to help her present a more polished image.  
   

I am praying..  

For job opportunities, restoration in marriages, financial breakthroughs, healing of emotions, physical healing.  My prayer list is long, but my Elohim is BIG.  


One of my favorite things...  

Going dorm shopping with just my son and me.  Of course, I'm all into color coordinating things so at Walmart, after he picked up the white plastic toothbrush holder, I pointed out to him the gray ceramic toothbrush holder that would match his towels.

SANBAN:  Mom, you know it would very soon fall on the floor and break.  

ME:  You're right.  I forgot how hard you and your father are on ceramics.  

SANBAN:  I'm not as bad as Dad.  

ME:  Butter dish.  

SANBAN:  Oh. 


A few plans for the rest of the week... 

Spending a few days in emotional recovery after move-in day.  

In our Shabbat services, I have been discussing the book of Ecclesiastes.  I have never studied it in detail before and He is opening my eyes to so much.  The link to our service is on our webpage, His Glory! HaMishkan.  


Noticing that...  

Everything that creeps upon the earth is planning a hostile takeover as soon as Sanban leaves! One day this week, there was a spider, the next day a scorpion. Noooo!
       

From the kitchen... 

Pasta:...   Spaghetti for Shabbat.  


Around the house...

Zone 5 (Living Room, Family Room):...  The living room was greatly in need of dusting and hit it hard. 
  

My Health Efforts... 

I have an app on my phone that tells me how much water I should be drinking.  Up until this week, I had only drank the recommended amount a couple of times.  This week, I started weighing myself on the Wii Fit the morning after the days when I actually drank the amount of water it suggested.  EVERY TIME my BMI went down a couple of points.  This is definitely something I need to make sure to do on a daily basis.  

   
Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments