Monday, July 18, 2016

      
I am thankful...  

  • For a safe 4000 mile journey to the east coast and back.  
  • For getting to seen Lake Erie for the first time ever in life.  
  • For a wonderful 80th birthday celebration for my father-in-law. 
  • For getting to spend time with sisters and brothers-in law that we haven't seen in many years.  
  • For finding my mother-in-law in a much better nursing home than last year.  I love seeing how emotional she gets at seeing her firstborn son, my husband.  He's 55 years old and she still calls him her baby boy.  That was poignant for me as I am about to watch my baby boy fly the nest in a couple of weeks to become a scholar, an officer, and a gentleman.  
  • For being able to sit with a couple of elderly cousins of my husband and get family history straight from their mouth.  
  • For having a great day at Great Adventure. 
  • For giving Sanban highway driving experience.   
  • For Princess Butterfly getting to teach a cousin to knit.  
  • For FINALLY finding some good food before we left New Jersey, as all our old haunts have gone downhill over the years.  
  • For being able to be a listening ear to my stepfather-in-law.  He's lost a lot of friends recently and I know it affects him greatly.  I am thankful that he will not have to undergo chemotherapy for his diagnosed bladder cancer, just observation.  His devotion to my mother-in-law is so heartwarming.  He said when he was diagnosed, he didn't go to bed with cancer on his mind, only the prayer that he would be able to continue to care for my mother-in-law.  
  • For getting to spend the night with my sister and her family.  For being able to share things with her that I can't share with anyone else.  For getting hugs and kisses from my nephews and sweet niece.  
  • For spending time with my father-in-law and stepmother-in-law at their home.  For sharing laughs with my stepmother-in-law about being married to this particular father and son.  Sitting at the table reading cooking magazines while they hustled and bustled about the kitchen because the last thing we wanted to do was get in their way!  LOL  For hearing my stepsister-in-law declare her faith that Yah is going to heal her hearing impairment.  HalleluYah!  
  • For seeing my father and uncles again for the first time in 6 years.  For opening a door for developing relationship with my father's side of the family that I have never spent much time with.  
  • For finding The Grand Duchess and Ellabella the Dachshund safe and sound upon our return, although we really wish The Grand Duchess had come with us.  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments