Monday, June 6, 2016


Outside my window...  It is sunny and 85.

I am thankful...  I am SO thankful, but I am also SO tired!  If you haven't been following along, in the past 3 weeks, our family has seen our older daughter The Grand Duchess graduate with her master's degree.  One week later, our son Sanban graduated from our homeschool high school.  Two hours later on the same day, our youngest daughter Princess Butterfly received her 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.  Yesterday, our family and another family joined together to have a joint Eagle Scout Court of Honor for our sons.

The ceremony was beautiful!  I love how the whole family was involved.  Princess Butterfly collected photos and The Grand Duchess put together a beautifully moving slide show.  Sanban's first Cub Scout Den leader was on hand.  His mentor and Philmont advisor did the Eagle charge.  He was actually the man who was Sanban's first experience with scouting, although neither of them remember it.  He was the pack leader of the first pack I took Sanban to visit.  Although he didn't end up joining that pack, it is interesting to see how it has come around full circle.  The father of the other Eagle candidate led the invocation and Friend Hubby did the benediction.  In addition to the young men getting their Eagles, the fathers and mothers received pins as well.  That is what is in the opening photo on today's blog.  Another family that started out in scouting with us was also there.  Friend Hubby's meatballs were off the chain!  I am so pleased at how everything turned out.  

This has been such a busy season for us!  Later on, our daughters whined, "Mom!  We don't want to celebrate anything else!"  LOL!!! We are so grateful for all of our children's accomplishments.  We give all glory and honor to Yehovah.  I am thankful that my children are learning the principle of sowing and reaping, or as we like to call it, "No deposit, no return."     
(Genesis 26:12 ISR98) - "And Yitshaq (Isaac) sowed in that land, and reaped in the same year a hundredfold, and YHWH blessed him."
Now if I can just get my body "un-tired," I can get some other things done, but it is seriously protesting. 
   
I am thinking...  I had our whole famly take this Personality Test.  We found it to be very eye opening.  Friend Hubby is an ESTJ, The Grand Duchess is an INTP, Sanban is an ESTP, and Princess Butterfly is an ENFP.  My sister Clarity and I are both INFPs.  Interestingly, Princess Butterfly and my personality types are considered "challenging" to both ESTJs and ESTPs.  This explains our common exacerbation with one another.  Hopefully, in the future it will lead to more open communication between us.  Interestingly, The Grand Duchess and I are introverts while Friend Hubby, Sanban, and Princess Butterfly are extroverts.  Friend Hubby and Sanban share 3 similar traits.  Princess Butterfly and I share 3 similar traits.  Friend Hubby is the only one in our family with a J.  Basically, he is the only one of us with a clear concept of time.  LOL

My women's conference co-chair (LOL) Ms. Sophia is also an INFP.  She and I, along with another friend, (we'll call her Ms. Miracle for a dramatic healing she experienced years ago), who is also an introvert were discussing how the overall tone of a worship community could be introverted or extroverted.  That makes sense to me because I feel that a Hebrew roots community in Dallas that we visited a couple of months ago, with the exception of one person, could definitely be classed as an introverted congregation.  In contrast, a Hebrew roots congregation we worshiped with in Denver a couple of times could DEFINITELY be considered an extroverted congregation.

Sanban was concerned that he got the same personality type of a relative of ours who does not have a good reputation with us.  Friend Hubby, Ms. Sophia, and I all agree that your experiences serve to make you more that this baseline assessment.  Ms. Miracle also talked about how we grow from this.  

On Pinterest, you can find out how much you identify with a favorite character from a popular TV show, movie, or book.  The Grand Duchess has a similar personality to a Star Trek Voyager character called simply The Doctor.  Throughout through the series, he is testifying about how he is more than the sum of his basic programming and how he has grown as a person by adding different subroutines to his basic program.  Being a Trekkie, that makes perfect sense to me.            

I am wearing...  Knock-arounds.
   
I am creating...  The only creating I did for this week was for the Court of Honor.     

I am reading...  I have completed 66% of Their Eyes were Watching God.  

Last week I got through at least 90% of the Torah Portion study guide for B'chukotai (By my regulations).  I even got through the Haftarah, which I rarely do.  This week I hope to get all the way through B'Midbar's study guide.  If I'm really good, I will also read through the one for Sheepfold Gleanings.  I like to study it from more than one perspective.        

I am looking forward to...  Our family is praying for a couple of things to happen, one in particular this week.  We are trying to walk by faith and not by sight.

James 2:18 (ISR98) - "But someone might say, “You have belief, and I have works.” Show me your belief without your works, and I shall show you my belief by my works."   
From the learning rooms... 

Back-to-school Mom:  So, I am plunging in to this whole back to school thing.  I went over to the community college to take a math assessment test.  I scored 353.  I only needed 350.  What was interesting is that last summer when I said that I was going to do math with my son while he was taking college algebra, I didn't get very far because he ended up dropping the class; but what we did together in those first weeks was on this test!  I passed because of being a homeschool mom!  Yay!  

After meeting with my adviser, I was a little disappointed that it is supposed to take longer than I had planned, but I am pressing forward.  I'm looking at trying to CLEP at least one literature, college algebra, and government.  That should help and then maybe I can get in some classes next summer.  

My plan is to get an associate's degree in history from our community college and then transfer to a local HBCU to get my bachelor's in history with 2 minors:  one in African American studies, and one in Professional Writing.  My career plan is to write homeschool curriculum for Bible believing homeschooling families that present a more balanced, less Euro-centric view of the world.  

From the kitchen... 

Cakes & Frostings:...This is the cake I made for the Court of Honor.   The smallest represents Cub Scouts with the Pinewood Derby.  The middle represents Boy Scouts and their camping adventures.  The large one has an eagle on it and is also surrounded by American flags that Boy Scouts place on the graves of veteran's every Memorial Day.  

Holiday Favorites:...The new moon was sighted in Israel, which makes this evening Rosh Chodesh, the beginning of a new month.  I need to find something to make for dinner, if I can drag myself to the freezer.  LOL

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments