Monday, May 23, 2016


Outside my window... It has been SO humid!  

I am thankful...  For all that Abba has allowed my children to accomplish in this past month:  The Grand Duchess's master's degree, Sanban's high school graduation, and Princess Butterfly's 3rd degree black belt gala.  This is going to be a very short Daybook because I am exhausted!  But it is a joyful exhaustion.        

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:  High School Graduate:  Yes, so this happened.  I don't think I was out of the bed 10 minutes on the morning of Sanban's graduation before the tears started to flow.  I wanted to put my emotions into words so this is what I wrote on my Facebook page.  
Yeah, I'm already started. 😭 This one here. My real live boy is graduating high school today. It goes by way too quickly. Where do I start? I call our girls SRDGs (spoiled rottened Daddy's girls), but this one is spoiled by the entire family -- as I have told him so on several occasions. He calls himself our Star Child. Don't be surprised one of day if you're sitting in the theater and the opening credits say Star Child Productions. 😊 He may be spoiled, but it is with good reason. We are so impressed by him! He has studied martial arts for 10 years and has earned a 3rd degree blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do. He was a Boy Scout from Tiger Scouts all the way through to the top 6% of all Scouts -- Eagle. Along the way, he earned his Arrow of Light, survived Philmont, and served as his troop's SPL. He joined Civil Air Patrol at the age of 12 and is currently serving as Apollo Squadron Cadet Commander. He played basketball and softball at the YMCA. He managed to get through boyhood with only 12 stitches, when he learned (a) never take a dare from baby sister, and (b) he cannot fly. He was in Awana Club for 1st through 6th grade and earned his Timothy Award. He loved VBS and went many years as a participant and then a volunteer. He is the lead producer of our ministry's internet broadcast and prepares our worship music. He has maintained a 4.0 has earned 30 college credit hours throughout high school, including getting As in the language of the country of his birth, Japanese. He has been awarded a Provost Gold Scholarship and in the fall will study Film and Digital Media, and become a part of Air Force ROTC program. He has managed to squeeze all of this into 18 too short years. 
Sanban, always remember how loved you have always been by Dad, Mommy, and all 3 of your sisters. We are never actually going to tell you that you're the star child, but know that we cannot help but be proud of you every time you come to mind. Congratulations on being the second graduate of our homeschool. Wherever the Air Force or your career takes you, remember where your #1 fan club will always be. 
The graduation was beautiful!  When The Grand Duchess graduated with our co-op, there were only 25 students.  This graduation had 80 homeschooled students.  These children are so talented, as is shown by all the display tables that highlight their high school years.  There are musicians and recording artists, business owners (already) and athletes.  The keynote speaker spoke of the accomplishments of homeschooled students and we all acknowledge that on these children rest the hope of a difference in our nation and in our world.  I am again grateful that we were led to homeschool 23 years ago.  

Sophomore:   Junior:  My baby girl earned her 3rd degree black belt 2 hours after Sanban graduated high school.  What an awesome accomplishment at such a young age.  Our goal has been to help our children to become accomplished early in life, to work hard, to fail gracefully (umm....), and to bounce back from failure.  These are skills that they will carry with them all their lives.  
  
Noticing that...   We talk about the names of Isaac's wells in Genesis.  Quarrel, Enmity, Spaciousness, and Treaty.  These are often the different stages of conflict in our lives.  If we learn to take our hands off and to trust in Abba, we can move from Quarrel through to Treaty in His time.  I believe I saw that happen this weekend.  Someone whom we trusted spoke words over one of my children in anger.  We have barely said 2 words in the past 6 months to them.  There were times when we wanted to revert back to quarrel.  We made our presence scarce so that we would have spaciousness rather than enmity.  I believe that this weekend we saw treaty.  Every negative word was not necessarily apologized for, but words of blessing were spoken by the same mouth who had spoken so harshly.  I notice that Isaac allowed treaty to take place, even though he could have been in the place of just turning his back.  I feel this is a lesson in forgiveness and reconciliation.  I acknowledge we have not always been good at that.  I thank Abba for His instruction and His wisdom.  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *

Find me on Facebook.

Comments