Monday, March 7, 2016


Outside my window... We had a downpour this morning.  Spring rain, yes!  

I am thinking...  I am going to have to pay more careful attention to my health.  I have talked about how the health of my my middle-aged friends has been concerning me of late, but I need to sweep around my own front door, so to speak.  My blood pressure was a little higher than I am accustomed to.  Over the past month, I had pretty much stopped exercising or weighing myself.  Last week I had a day that I was SO sluggish I couldn't keep my eyes open.  I started walking my little dachshund around the park for 15 minutes a day and the change in my energy level was dramatic.  Now I need to get a hold of my diet.  

I am thankful... For life, health, and strength.  For the activity of my limbs, the articulation of my speech, and being enclosed in my right mind.  (Something that the elders in my grandmother's church used to say often, I am now privileged to be old enough to know why.)

I am wearing...More of the same.  

I am creating... You'd think I'd be done with that shawl by now, wouldn't you?  

I am going... I owe my nephew a letter.  I need to get that out this week.  

I am reading... I have read 19% of Palace Council.  I am really disappointed that a Christian author would use "colorful" language even if the book is not necessarily Christian fiction.  It's just not necessary to get the point across.  The story, however, is shaping up to be an interesting mystery.  

I am watching... For the coming of the new biblical year.  There is an intensive search going on right now.  This is the latest report.  Every year this gains in significance for me.  It gives verses that speak of waiting for YHVH new meaning.  

Psalm 130:5-6 (ISR98) - "I looked to YHVH, My being has looked, And for His word I have waited.  My being looks to YHVH.  More than those watching for morning, watching for morning."

Psalm 39:7 (ISR98) - “And now, יהוה, what do I wait for? My expectancy is in You." 
     
I am hoping... To quickly get my re-certification done so I can get back to work.  

I am learning... To follow the pattern of Scripture.  Yah created on Days 1-3 what He filled on Days 4-6.  Focus on the preparation and everything else will fall into place.  

One of my favorite things... Going to the flea market with The Grand Duchess.  We were in our last spot when we both spotted a familiar pattern of plate on a low shelf underneath some bowls.  The Grand Duchess was willing me to be calm, especially when the lady said she would sell the plates for $3 each when I know that they are worth at least $20 each.  I was slightly disappointed when I brought them home.  They are actually a second edition to the pattern we thought they were.  Setting them side by side to my original set, they are much whiter and less translucent, so to speak.  Still, the whole experience was a blast!  I didn't even know that the flea market existed.  I spoke with an 80-year-old woman who shares my love for dishes (y'all know I really have the heart of an old woman in a middle-aged body, right?).  I told her I'd come back some time and we'd sit and have a cup of tea and discuss grandmothers, and depression glass, and vintage Pyrex, and ladies hankies. 
The top shows my original china on the left and the flea market find on the right.  The middle shows the back of my original.  The bottom says "DIMENSION II" at the top, and it also says "WHITE."  You can see the difference in the coloring.  
A few plans for the rest of the week:  I'm going to physical therapy now for my Achilles issue.  Hopefully, I can get it healed up quickly.        

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:  I was  SO exhausted yesterday.  By the end of yesterday, we had been to the Department of Motor Vehicles for Sanban to get his young adult driver's license 4 times.  We had to get up EARLY this morning to go to the location clear across town.  We had to be there close to 7:30 a.m. just to get an appointment for the road test at 4:00 this yesterday afternoon.  All the locations in our area were booked for the next 3 weeks.  In spite of all that, I am happy to report that we now have another licensed driver (and voter) in the house! 

Sophomore:  Now that cookie sales are over (except for a short clean-up sale next month), I am going to try to get focused on what's going on in school for the next semester.  They have been managing on their own, but I know there is a lot of distraction time and then cramming.  We've got a couple of Feast Days coming up so we'll want to be mindful of the down times.      

Pondering these words... A wonderful article I came across is called To Forgive Doesn’t Automatically Mean To Reconcile.  The next article in the series is  How Can You Tell if Someone is Sorry – For Real?.  Another thing that ministered to me this week, being the week of my late mother's birthday, was an article about Narcissistic Mothers.  Listening to the playlist on this article opened my eyes to a lot and freed me up from feeling pressure to post something gushy and emotional about her birthday on social media.  I loved her and she taught me so much, but because of her behavior at the end of her life and the lack of reconciliation because of the lack of acknowledgement of abused boundaries, I don't feel guilty over my lack of emotion on that day.  I have also read so much about a narcissistic mother turning her grandchildren against their mother that it reaffirms the decision to cut her out of our lives.  There are days when I wonder if I did the right thing.  Not this week.  I'm absolutely sure.  

             

From the kitchen...  Nothing new.  Friend Hubby has been putting some roasts on the grill lately.  I am going to be looking up more plant-based recipes now that winter has passed.    

Around the house... My seed planting was not very successful.  I think my seeds were just too old.  I am going to start again.   
  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *

Find me on Facebook.

Comments