Monday, March 21, 2016


Outside my window... We've had weather in the 70s and 80s for the past two months and finally on the first day of spring the weather dips into the 30s.  Crazy!  

I am thinking...  About this woman who private messaged me out of the blue.  I posted about an open house my children were having in one of their extracurricular organizations (Organization C, let's call it).  She traced my post back to something I had posted about concerning another organization (Organization A).  She belongs to Organization B.  Organization B was created to be a Christian alternative to Organization A and we did participate with them for a couple of years, but I found their "Christianity" to be little more than "churchianity" (there is a difference) and she is part of the problem.  They use their condemnation of Organization A as a recruitment point for Organization B, but as usual, the rhetoric ends up condemning the people who are working hard to affect change from the inside out (if our gospel be veiled, it is veiled to them that are perishing), so I had to set her straight.  They are so blinded by their own smug self-righteousness that they can't see the forest for the trees.  Don't you just love people who attack you and then when you defend yourself they claim to be the victim?  First her "I'm the victim" plea was saying, "I just wanted to find out about Organization C."  Really?  Then why didn't you just ask me about Organization C?  None of your questions or statements had anything to DO with Organization C.  Then she backpedaled and said she was just trying to invite me to Organization B.  Really?  Then why didn't you just say, "Would you like to come...?"  I finished the conversation with two photos that are carried by the major news services of The Grand Duchess doing just what she says Organization A doesn't do.  Of course she wanted to be celebratory but by then, I was done with the whole conversation.  My tolerance for people who think that digging up negative things to say about everyone else to deflect their own issues is getting mighty low, and I am becoming more watchful of my own tongue so that I am careful not to do the same.  



I am thankful... I am also thankful that even though this morning started out as if I was going to have computer trouble, but I switched back to my old laptop and everything worked just fine!  Bless His name!  

I am wearing... Velour pants and a sweater because it's chilly.  

I am creating...  I was a cake designer and cake decorating instructor for over 20 years.  I am so rusty now.  This is the cake I was asked to do for a special CAP ceremony.  I am happy about how the emblem turned out; however, the tips kept getting clogged and would you believe I am completely out of toothpicks?  Ugh!  




I am reading... I have read 30% of Palace Council.  

I am listening to.... The
 ministry of Rev. Daryl Coley who passed away this past week.  Several of his songs have seen me through difficult times in life.  When I was grieving the loss of my uncle who was only 5 years older than me, Yah used Sovereign to speak to me.  When we had lost Dancing Angel and were shutting down our ministry, He used In the Arms of Jesus.  When I couldn't explain to people the anger that was going on within me after Dancing Angel's death, He used Silent Scream to articulate the rage I felt.  I praise Yah for his ministry.  I don't feel we spend enough time celebrating the people who have been a blessing to us.  

I am watching... This video came across my Facebook newsfeed this morning.  I hadn't heard this woman speak in many, many years.  It caught my attention because she was speaking about the passing of her husband.  I am still very sensitive on the subject of widowhood after a friend held a celebration of life for her dear husband this past weekend, and another recent widow is having to find a new normal for her and her children.  The first minute of this video blessed me because I have been blessed with a GOOD HUSBAND for whom I am so grateful.  The rest of this message is for single women and it will be a blessing.  Grand Duchess, PLEASE watch this!       

Speaking of The Grand Duchess, please support her YouTube channel!  I love her latest video.  

I am hoping...  To get myself back on track.  One of my sisters shared in our Bible study again about bearing fruit and it reminded me of something that Yah had laid on my heart a few weeks ago that I let slip and that is from one Shabbat to the next to come with the fruit of my labor during the week.  I'm not talking about monetary offerings.  I'm talking about the finished goals and projects that I have set my heart to do at the beginning of each week.  I need to get back to my Bible study, my scheduled Donalacasa Facebook posts, a letter to my nephew, my unfinished knitting projects, my workout schedule, my cleaning schedule, etc.  On Shabbat morning, I should be able to look back on all the work that I have done just like Yah looked back on all the work that He had done.   

I am looking forward to...  My birthday is this week.  I don't care if we do something to celebrate or not, I'm just thankful.  Though my life has seen its share of trouble, I choose to focus on ALL my wonderful blessings.  Sometimes I allow myself to get distracted by people who don't give me the time of day.  Leftovers from a childhood of low self-esteem.  I have SO MUCH to be thankful for, a husband who adores me, my children who come and flop on my bed and talk with me, a dog that brightens my day, necessities of life, food, shelter, clothing, transportation, people who love me and check in on me because they know that I get buried in all the "stuff" of life and forget to come up for air, a neighborhood with caring neighbors who have been first responders to some of life's difficult situations.  I have been blessed to be able to stay at home with my babies to homeschool them by developing skills that I can use to make money from my home.  Most  of all the Wisdom of the Word of Yah that gives me strength, direction, joy, hope and tells me of My Savior's prolific love for me.  

I am learning... In our Shabbat service, we have been learning how the 10 Commandments line up with the Hebrew aleph bet and how much we have missed out on the meanings of each of them because we have disconnected them from the Hebrew and even changed the numbering in Catholic and Protestant traditions.  

One of my favorite things... The Grand Duchess bought a book where she can list all of her favorite books.  We had such fun face-timing and going over all the books she has loved in a lifetime of reading together.  I love the literature tie I have to my children.  The books we have read together are like a common adventure.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I may have a visit from my cousin this week.  She's been so busy with nursing school that we haven't had much time to talk.      

From the learning rooms... Tuesdays are going to be a beast for the next month.  Our homeschool formal requires the children to take dance lessons (so they're not wiggling and jiggling all over the place, LOL!).  They learn classic dances like the foxtrot and the tango along with some modern line dancing like the Cupid Shuffle.  All the girls have a dance card so no one has to worry about being a wallflower.  Also, I count dance as a P.E. credit!  Sanban has to take intermediate lessons again because the advance lessons are only on Shabbat.  Princess Butterfly is going to beginners for the first time.      
Pondering these words... The physical therapist called me today because I hadn't scheduled any appointments for this week (I've been caught playing hookie!).  I need a break.  Last week was REALLY HARD (I'm whining).  I had an upset stomach all last week.  I can only deal with one ailment at a time.  I need to get my stomach together this week and then go back next week.  I will continue to do the exercises he gave me.  *sigh*
   
 Around the house... My seedlings are doing GREAT!  I'm so excited!  
  
Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *

Find me on Facebook.

Comments