Monday, March 14, 2016



Outside my window...Unbelievably hot today.  It's March and already 91 degrees!  

I am thinking... About a Twitter hashtag that I was clueless about until this weekend.  My daughters and I went to the symphony and The Grand Duchess recognized one of the cellists who is the reason behind minorities putting #staymadabby after the announcements of their graduate degrees.  

I am thankful... Sanban got his driver's license and will now be able to ferry himself and his sister to work, which means that I can actually stay at my desk and get some work done.  

I am wearing...Comfies that I wore to physical therapy.  

I am creating... My daughters and I debated whether or not to bring our knitting to the symphony.  Princess Butterfly and I brought ours, but once I got there, I looked up knitting and symphony etiquette and found out that it is impolite, so we didn't do it.  

I am reading... My sleep cycle has been off, so I haven't done much reading this week.  I did pick up Home Comforts since I have been neglecting that of late.  I'm still on the chapter dealing with meal service.    

I am watching... There are 3 workout videos that I am working on this week.  One for arms.  One for abs.  One for legs.  My goal is optimum health and more energy, though a nicely toned body certainly wouldn't hurt.  I'm turning 49 next week.  
  
  
I am hoping... To get caught up on my Bible study and my Donalacasa posts this week.  

I am learning... My physical therapy session REALLY wore me out today.  I don't feel so well.  I had thought that my plantar fasciitis had gone completely away a few years ago after I took some yoga classes at the YMCA, but today I learned that even though my heels no longer hurt, it is still a problem.  I'm ordering this roller thingy from Amazon.  It felt so good after I used it at therapy today.  So my Achilles is pulling one way and the plantar fasciitis is pulling the other.  Goodness.  Oh, and ice therapy is evil.  

One of my favorite things... Hanging out with my girls.  Because of the rain, The Grand Duchess was home two weekends in a row so we went antiquing, to the symphony, and out to eat.  I am so thankful. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Just trying to keep my priorities in order.  I also need to get my sleep patterns adjusted since the time change.        

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:  I am on the hunt for scholarships.  I've got a shared Google drive document with a table listing deadlines and awards.  Thanks to a homeschool support group I have fine tuned it a bit.  This is spring break so hopefully some catch up can get done even though the work schedule is opened up.  

Sophomore:   Again, spring break and catch up time.  
  
Around the house... Gardening, Part 2!  LOL  Not much of anything came up.  I'm thinking that maybe my seeds might be to old.  Not sure.  I bought some potting soil and started again.  I got some cleaning done.  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *

Find me on Facebook.

Comments