Monday, February 8, 2016


Outside my window... We've had no measurable rainfall in a bit and my allergies are on high alert.  

I am thinking... I thought last week's Daybook was written fast.  I've got a timer set for 5 minutes to get this one out.  

I am thankful... Sanban's work day for his Eagle Scout project was wonderful!  He had more than enough helpers and the people who live in the group home were prolific in their thanks for the project getting done.  It had been on the list of needs for 2 years.  Other Scouts had said they were going to do it, but none came through.  He was really happy that there was the right amount of helpers for the work that needed to be done.  Friend Hubby would like our worship community to continue going over there to work.  He is now 3 merit badges away from his Eagle.  He is hoping to get them signed off tonight and then head down to the council tomorrow.  

I am also thankful that after a year and a half of praying for our sister community in Liberia, we finally heard from them.  The largest city that they live near saw 20,000 lives lost to ebola, but none came nigh their community.  HalleluYah!  

We have been receiving many, many answers to prayer in this season, coming out of the darkness and into the light.  I am so thankful!  

I am wearing... Knit pants and a sweatshirt.  Still no winter in sight.  I'm glad!  This has been the most cheerful winter I've had in a long time.  

I am creating... I've been able to get in a few rows at cookie booths.  I really don't have much left.  I'm letting this ball of yarn run out.  

I am going...  We've got two cookie booths this week.  If you would like to purchase cookies from Princess Butterfly's online store, send me a private message and I will send you the link.  

I am reading...  I have read 62% of Free Man of Color.  I have been reading by flashlight (LED headlamp) until the book hits my face or the words bounce up and down on the page.  Last night I woke up in the middle of the night because I had eaten dinner too late and had a bit of reflux.  Instead of opening up my electronics, I just read some more until I was sleepy enough to fall back asleep.  That was a good thing.  

I am watching... This is such a good illustration to what we believe regarding Torah in the life of a Christian believer.  
  

I am hoping... To get back to paying attention to my fitness, water, and work goals, if not this week then next because of all the running around I have to do.  

I am looking forward to... Sanban is turning 18 years old this week.  I put this under "looking forward to" but I'm really not.  He's my only son.  He's always been a good boy, kept his mischief and ER visits down to a minimum.  I've spoiled him rotten yet put great expectations on him, I know.  My prayer is and always will be that he will become a righteous man all the days of his life.  As was said of Yeshua (Jesus), I have always wanted him to grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with Yah (God) and man.  (someone get the mop and bucket before I slip and fall on these tears)

One of my favorite things... Becoming pen pals with a couple of my nephews Munch.  He is 6 and is fabulous.  Of course, being so much like his older 2nd born cousin The G rand Duchess, 2nd born nephew Lil Bit (3) is not about to be outdone, so I've got 2 pen pals for the price of one.  LOL  I'm hoping to be a help to my sister and brother-in-law in their homeschooling by keeping up their interest in writing old fashioned letters for as long as possible.  Plus, I miss homeschooling that age of children.  I'm hoping to share some books with them that we can talk about in our letters.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I had hoped to work more, but I've got to get Sanban to the finish line!        

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:   As soon as the Eagle project is done, he'll be able to give more attention to his studies.  

Sophomore:  She walked home from community college today alone, without her big brother.  For public schooled kids, this is no big deal, but since losing Dancing Angel, Friend Hubby and I are admittedly over protective.  She's doing GREAT in her college class.  After Sanban's Eagle project is totally complete, we WILL be getting back to a daily math lesson.  They like to read my Daybook so I hope they read that loud and clear.  :-D   
  
Noticing that... It is very, very quiet in the house when both Sanban and Princess Butterfly are at work at the same time.  Too quiet.       

Pondering these words...    

From the kitchen... I tried a new French Onion Soup recipe.  Friend Hubby said it was acceptable, but Sanban likes the zing of the Tobasco Sauce recipe.  I also made another Two Two Easy Peach Cobbler.  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *

Find me on Facebook.

Comments