The Grand Duchess's Daybook: Monday, January 11, 2016


Outside my window... Someone in my apartment complex is playing their music too loudly. I don’t know what it is about apartment 
complexes that people think it’s okay to be inconsiderate. Otherwise, it is a very pretty day.
I am thinking... One semester left of graduate school means that “real” adulthood is all-too-quickly approaching. I need a grownup job!
I am thankful... My first PDB video went live yesterday! I’m super (haha) thankful to everyone who has watched so far and I’m looking forward to making this channel a blessing to women of all ages.
I am wearing... A long-sleeved pink (I don’t know what to call this shirt. Is it a sweatshirt? I don’t know) top that says “Smithsonian” across the back (like a boss), black leggings, and black ballet flats.
I am creating... Apparently all adulthood is is reverting back to childhood, so I’ve started coloring again. (I mean, really. Have you 
ever met a stressed-out three year old?) At the moment, I’m really into a book of Victorian design elements. I also
need to finish knitting the blanket I’ve been working on for several months now, but the little miss I’m making it for
insists upon growing like a weed!
I am reading... In preparation for my imminent entry into the workforce, I have started Barbara Pachter’s The Essentials of Business Etiquette: How to Greet, Eat, and Tweet Your Way to Success.
I am watching... Man vs. Food has an episode about Austin. I’ve heard of several of the places he’s visiting, but never actually visited. One day my family and I need to make a trip to the Salt Lick!
A few plans for the rest of the week: I am attempting to adult as efficiently as possible. This week I need to get my eyes checked so I can get new 
contacts/glasses. I’ve found a place with great reviews in my area, so I’m going to go there as soon as I can. I also need 
to clean my apartment. In the hustle and bustle of getting back and starting classes, it looks like a tornado went through
here. My kitchen and bathroom are clean, so the next big thing will probably be my dining area.
From the learning rooms... The comprehensive exam for my graduate program is in less than a month. I will be doing a LOT of review for that, as 
well as finishing up the professional project I have been working on since last semester. Once these two things are 
complete, the path to graduation is fairly smooth. MANY MANY MANY prayers are appreciated, as I know for a fact 
there will be a group project close to the end of the semester (really high on the list of things I do not like.)
From the kitchen... I failed to take something out for dinner. Happily, however, I have some turkey burgers I can put in a pan. I have 
started up MyFitnessPal again, and I am working on getting my temple in order by changing my eating habits down to 
the type of foods I eat. As someone who deals with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), it is VITAL that I pay close
attention to my carb intake. I am looking into low-carb/carb alternatives (cauliflower “rice,” zucchini pasta, etc.) that I  
can eat without exciting my gag reflex. Surely, not everything healthy is also repulsive!
Honor where honor is due: http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

Comments