Monday, January 25, 2016


Outside my window... On Shabbat when my husband reads the blessings over the wives and he says, "She is not afraid of snow for all her household is clothed in scarlet," there is a private joke going on between us.  I was raised in Colorado Springs and I have seen my share of snowfall.  I've shoveled snow, 3 feet deep from driveways.  I've been involved in car accidents because of the snow.  I've waited for a delayed bus, feeling as if my fingers and toes might freeze before it's arrival.  I've gotten to school on the dangerous roads to be met by a principal waving his arms telling us to turn around and go back home.  Yeah, I've been there done that.  I'm sorry for those who are still having to endure (not sorry).  LOL

I am thinking...This is going to be the quickest Daybook I've ever written.  I made it through last week, the most nefarious week of my year, being the anniversary of the passing of my Dancing Angel (my firstborn daughter), my grandmother, and my mother.  Last Tuesday, I was about to get up and rush into my day when I felt the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) telling me to linger some in the Word.  You know how you read the Bible and you think, "Hmm.  So and So should read THAT Scripture."  I prayed that I would receive a Word specifically for ME.  I got into a word study of a Scripture having to do with anger.  I'm thinking, I don't really have a bad temper, but okay.  When I was done I went to my desk and started working.  My computer had been acting funny for a couple of days, but now it was making it impossible for me to work.  I texted my husband (who has a degree in computer network administration) at work, but he was too busy to help me.  I shot an angry, frustrated text message off.  BOOM!  Conviction, not a hour after my Bible study.  I quickly repented and asked for his forgiveness.  I kept a watchful eye on my temper for the rest of the day.  It's a good thing because later that afternoon, for no apparent reason, the right muffler inexplicably fell of my car.  *sigh*  Some other minor things happened that if Yehovah had not warned me about my temper would have added up to big things and caused me to blow up.  Besides, somewhere around day 21 of my monthly cycle, Mrs. Jekyll turns into Mrs. Hyde and that was last week.  I really have to work on keeping control over my tongue and thought processes during that season.  Now if I can only apply that same temperance with dealing with the prescription drug company.....

Somebody photoshopped Princess Diana into this photo of Princess Charlotte's christening.  It just reminds me of how much it hurts that you can't connect people that you love who have passed on with those who are still living.  I would love for my grandmother to see my children grown up.  In spite of some of my mother's "idiosyncrasies," she would have been very proud of my children's educational achievements (albeit at the expense of my homeschooling, not as a result of it, and probably just because she was their grandmother, not because I was their mother.  Oh well, you get my point).  My youngest, Princess Butterfly, will never know what a ham her oldest sister Dancing Angel was.  It's really painful at times.  


I am thankful...  I am up and working on another computer now, but I'm going to have to try to make up for lost time.  I am also thankful that since it wasn't quite payday, the mechanic who welded my muffler back on took payment in the form of half a dozen boxes of Girl Scout cookies that I had in my trunk because cookie sales had started that day.  I'm also thankful that another medical transcriptionist taught me a shortcut to get to the autocorrect function where I keep all my shortcuts.  For example, if I type "tpwa," I would highlight that, hit Alt+TA, and the box would come up asking me what I want to replace that with.  I would enter "the patient was admitted" and the next time I typed "tpwa" that phrase would come up.  There is a list of 239 pages of those kinds of shortcuts, plus the ones I have made up myself, plus samples of each healthcare provider that I normally transcribe for that go into the autocorrect folder.  You can see how training a new computer is a daunting task.     

I am wearing... Same ole, same ole.

I am watching... My daughter, The Grand Duchess made another makeup video.  She's so funny.  
   

I am creating...I haven't been knitting because I have to retrain my new work computer for all my medical transcription shortcuts.  

I am reading... I have read 28% of Free Man of Color.  It has lead me to look up more genealogy on my maternal great-grandfather's side.  I had one of those sleepless genealogy search nights and found out his grandfather on the 1870 Louisiana census.  He is listed as having been born in Africa.  This is the first ancestor that I have traced back to the continent.  It doesn't list what country he comes from, but I found this page on African slaves from LaFourche Parish in 1870.  This is so addicting!!!   


I am looking forward to... Sanban's work day for his Boy Scout Eagle project.  Of course this morning, he is not feeling well.  Always happens.  

One of my favorite things...  Watching my baby girl, Princess Butterfly, try on formal dresses in the mall.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Training and training and training my computer.     

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:   We've got the official high school transcripts sent out to the colleges he is applying for.  He's got senioritis.  It's hard to focus on this last semester of high school classes.  

Sophomore:  The first college class went well.  Of course, at 16, she is the youngest person in the classroom.  Fortunately, the homeschoolers in my area really take advantage of the dual-credit classes our community colleges have to offer.  There are always other homeschoolers on the campus.  The campus is within walking distance of the house (even though I usually drive them).  It is a great opportunity to knock out freshman classes while still in high school.    
  
Pondering these words... The lyrics in this song have been playing in my head all last week.
      

From the kitchen...  Princess Butterfly and I were too busy yesterday to do any food prep.  We had a cookie booth.  She was supposed to go to a youth leadership event that she was given a scholarship for, but unfortunately it was canceled.  Instead we went to the mall to try on dresses for the upcoming homeschool spring formal.  Fun!  We found out that she can put her dress on layaway.    

Around the house...  I won't be able to do much of anything until I can train this computer to do what I need it to do.     

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *

Find me on Facebook.

Comments