Monday, January 4, 2016

Outside my window... It's sunny and 56 degrees outside.  I still seem to have trouble getting warm.  I do the Leslie Sansone 2 or 3-minute mini walks on YouTube to try to keep my blood moving.  

I am thinking... About the challenge I gave to our worship community to set some goals and not come next Shabbat without fruit of having moved toward them.  Yesterday was a total fail.  I had stayed up too late the night before so I was dealing with a headache and sleepiness all day.  In addition to that, Friend Hubby made all his "happy man food" yesterday.  I ate, but even after doing an hour of housework and a Leslie Sansone 15-minute 1 mile challenge I was still over.  I'm praying that the frustration he is medicating himself with "happy man food" with will be resolved soon.  

I am thankful... For an opportunity to take a break from work, even if it isn't a holiday that I celebrate.  

A new day begins at dusk (and the evening and the morning were a new day), and a new year begins in the spring, the first crescent moon after the barley turns green in Israel.  Even the Julian calendar acknowledged that the new year began in the spring (when September, October, November, and December were the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th months).  
Daniel 7:25 (ISR98) -  "and it speaks words against the Most High, and it wears out the set-apart ones of the Most High, and it intends to change appointed times and law, and they are given into its hand for a time and times and half a time."
I encourage you to do a study on this verse, especially if you can find a Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge.  There is reference to this in eSword.  Many times we're told things (myself included) and we say, "Oh, it doesn't mean that."  When we study on our own we make the knowledge our own and have the opportunity to apply wisdom and understanding to it.  I'm sure many of us know people who gain a little knowledge and their off repeating what someone else said without the understanding behind it.  

Practically speaking, by acknowledging when a day begins, I am better prepared for the next day.  The same with the week, month, and the year.  Being transformed by the renewing of your mind by the Word has wide-reaching implications and applications.  

I am wearing...  Velour sweat pants and a long sleeved shirt.  I'm still cold.  

I am creating...  I don't know if I did any knitting last week.  My new finish date goal is the 10th.  

I am reading... I am very close to finishing Nella Last's War.  I already got another book to read from the library.  

I am watching...  Some people put a higher value on science than the Word of Elohim.  I thought this was a very good scientific explanation for eating a biblically clean diet.  I am sure this is probably a Seventh Day Adventist teaching and I am not in favor of giving up all meat, but eating biblically clean.    
  

One of my favorite things...  Yehovah took The Grand Duchess safely to Florida for her university's bowl game and brought her back safely.  HalleluYah!  She was able to run around Disney Studios all day unattended, probably something she's been fantasizing about since she first went 21 years ago.  Her team even won the game with all their regular quarterbacks on the bench!  I noticed that the university that Sanban has applied to also won their bowl game.  Maybe this time next year Sanban will go off on a solo adventure too.  He told me the other day he wants to travel the world.  I'm happy about that (though I will miss him terribly).  We have met too many people for whom the world is a small place and they are so narrow-minded in their thinking.  You can still be biblically minded while having a love and curiosity for cultures other than your own.  The Bible applicable to ever kindred, tongue, nation, and tribe.  We just have to take it out of our boxes.  Being in the world and not of it doesn't mean hiding in a hole underground.      

A few plans for the rest of the week:  One of my goals this week is to meet my step-counter goal of 6000 steps per day.  I haven't lost any weight in weeks.  I need to kick it up a notch.      

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:   I am so proud of Sanban!  Last week he was working like a CEO having me chauffeur him around to get signatures for his Eagle project.  He also got the first portion of a college application turned in before the deadline.  I feel like we're at the top of a hill and this next semester is going to go by SO FAST!  

Sophomore:  We learned that Princess Butterfly is not doing as well in chemistry as we would have hoped.  We will have to be more diligent about going over the study guides this semester.  

They both have been working so much over the break.  They're going to need a break from the break!   

Pondering these words... 
   
We have SO much to accomplish this semester.  We really need to stay focused!  

From the kitchen...  When The Grand Duchess is home, I don't do much in the kitchen.  She and Friend Hubby usually rule the roost.  Because of my slothfulness yesterday, I didn't even get in there and make any meal prep plans for this week.    

Around the house...  After my nap on Sunday, I worked on decluttering in several rooms and some organization in another.  I found a souvenir from The Grand Duchess's first Disney World trip.   

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *

Find me on Facebook.

Comments