Day Book: Monday, September 28, 2015


Outside my window...  The lunar eclipse was last night.  I didn't see the red, but I did see the crescent.   

I am thinking... Usually, when I begin a conversation with, "So I was thinking..." every member of my family rolls their eyes and groans.  Last week, when I was talking about the sunflower field that was planted for the little girl who died from a brain tumor, I mentioned how I admired people who were able to do something to memorialize their loved one.  I had also been thinking how I was going to help Sanban get organized to do an Eagle Scout project with this semester's work load.  Eureka!  I asked him if he would be willing to do a board game drive for the Children's Hospital here in town.  Although we don't celebrate the birth of the Messiah on December 25th, that just so happens to be be Dancing Angel's birthday.  Getting it done by then can be in memoriam to her (at least in theory since the Eagle can't be of personal benefit).  

I am thankful... I had been asking Abba if I should get a new job.  I made a plan to increase my hours with the independent contract position and then I got an email saying not to work extra.  My accountability partner from my last job told me about a job she was hired for as a statutory employee.  It still sounds too good to be true, but I am excited to go for it.  

I am wearing... Same o' same o'.  

I am creating...  Knitting and knitting.  

I am reading... Not a whole lot this past week.  

I am watching....  I finished the last of the British show called Back in Time for Dinner.  When I read a bit of Home Comforts today at the beginning of the chapter on food, it mentioned some of the same lessons learned in the decline of the family table.  


I have also gotten through a few episodes of the first season of Good Eats.  Alton Brown looks so young!  I looked through the episode guide in Wikipedia and I had not realized that in addition to the discussion of a particular food, each episode also focuses on a kitchen gadget. 

I am looking forward to...  Going camping for Sukkot this weekend!!!  We are not at a place where we can go for all 7 days YET, but I'm looking forward to that day.  I noticed yesterday how the entire world celebrates the false day of the Messiah's birth, "Christmas," yet according to the book of Zechariah, the entire world will celebrate the real season of His birth, Sukkot or Feast of Tabernacles or they will not get rain when they need it.  If they don't worship Him at the proper time, they are denied the living water.  That's something to think about.  

"And it shall be that all who are left from all the gentiles which came up against Yerushalayim, shall go up from year to year to bow themselves to the Sovereign, יהוה of hosts, and to observe the Festival of Booths.  And it shall be, that if anyone of the clans of the earth does not come up to Yerushalayim to bow himself to the Sovereign, יהוה of hosts, on them there is to be no rain."  Zechariah 14:16-17 ISR98

I am learning... On Yom Kippur, we went through the self-examination questions from T'Shuva Ministries.  This year, I only wrote down 1 or 2 from each of the Ten Commandments that I would like to work on.  I may go through it again before the spring feasts and do the same thing.  

2 Corinthians 13:5 ISR98 - "Examine yourselves to see whether you are living the life of trust. Test yourselves. Don’t you realize that Yeshua the Messiah is in you? — unless you fail to pass the test."

One of my favorite things... Friend Hubby decided to let Sanban do communion at the end of our Sabbath service this past week.  We thought he was angry about it.  Friend Hubby asked him what was wrong and he said that he was being solemn because this was serious and not something to play with.  Proud mama alert!  To know that my son fears Yehovah and doesn't take communion lightly.  Thank you, Abba, for showing me that aspect of his character.   

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Getting a head start on the Sukkot camping list.  I don't want to leave anything out.        

From the learning rooms... Having so many Sabbaths within a 2-week period of time has been crunch time around here.  It's been stressful, but after Sukkot is over, we will be able to fall into our regular schedule.  

From the kitchen...  
I modified the "Our Favorite Macaroni and Cheese" from Epicurious for a smaller version.   

I know I have readers from all over the country.  Can you tell me if you have organic biscuits in any of your stores?  The two brands that I am familiar with are Immaculate and Annie's.  I can't find canned biscuits anywhere and even the croissants are rare.   

Around the house... I did some things on Sunday.  I have an idea in my head for building a sukkah, based on Psalm 61:4 "Let me dwell in Your Tent forever, Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Selah."  We'll see if the picture in my head actually manifests itself.  

The song stuck in my head...

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *


Find me on Facebook.

Comments