Daybook: Monday, August 31, 2015

Outside my window...  At 12:45 p.m., it is 88 degrees.  That's a cold front for us.  

I am thankful... For being able to celebrate my Grand Duchess's 24th birthday as a family.  We had a great weekend, ate good food, laughed a lot, and rejoiced in Yehovah's blessings over our family.  I am so thankful that our daughter chose to come home to celebrate with those who love her most.  

I am wearing... My old shorts from Hawaii.  Because I have the pedometer app on my phone, I have to wear things with pockets to put my phone into.  I'm going to be getting some more comfy wear around the house clothes with pockets.  

I am creating...  My cousin called this weekend and said that they are giving one of my great aunts a 76th birthday party in September.  I will be making her birthday cake.  I also went yarn shopping so I can make her a prayer shall.  Since I've got a definite "end date" maybe I will be more diligent.  I have already had to scrap one pattern because I couldn't figure out the cast on.  I found a different on Ravelry.  It is going to be a step up for me since I have never done cabling before, but The Grand Duchess assures me that I can grasp the concept.  Have I mentioned how amazing YouTube is for learning knitting techniques?  I asked Michael's if they do classes in framing and they said no.  I found a video on YouTube that is an hour-long framing class.  I'm going to give it a try.  I've got at least 5 canvases that could use framing.  Even with the Michael's coupon, one of them would run in the $400 range.  Even if I don't have the proper tools, I can rent them from Home Depot.  Now I just have to make the time to watch it.  

I am reading... I am reading Fascinating Womanhood for an online book club.  I'm a couple of chapters behind.  Its...interesting.  I'm just getting ready to start Chapter 2.  

I am hoping...  That the movie The War Room sparks a revival of prayer.  I hope you have seen it or are planning to soon.  One Shabbat, we got Amber Alerts on our phones for a missing child situation.  We stopped what we were doing and prayed.  We later found out that the situation was resolved within 30 minutes of our prayer.  This morning alone, I have learned of 2 standoffs involving law enforcement.  What would happen if instead of just forwarding the information on Facebook and Twitter, if believers would just take one minute and lift the situation up in prayer?  I have been disappointed lately at the lack of faith in people who say they are believers.  They will talk and complain, they will fortify their hiding holes, but they won't believe that prayer can change the situation.  I have witnessed the power of prayer in IMPOSSIBLE situations.  I wish more people who claim to know Him really believed in His power and acted like it.  

"And without trusting, it is impossible to be well pleasing to God, because whoever approaches him must trust that he does exist and that he becomes a Rewarder to those who seek him out."  Hebrews 11:6 CJB

I am looking forward to... Going to a festival next Monday that involves all kinds of old fashioned crafting.  

I am learning... I had volunteered to be a supervisor/monitor for one of our homeschool co-ops.  I did it on Thursday and immediately sent an email to back out.  I believe a better use of my time, before I return to school in the spring, is to do some independent CLEP studying at the library (the one where the man told me that I type too loud -- LOL).  The lady that I was working with last week was saying negative things under her breath about everyone.  I'm sure she had some choice words about me because I left 10 minutes earlier just to get away from it.  I'm afraid if I stayed, we might end up having a problem before the year is over with.  

"Sensible people foresee trouble and hide.  Gullible people go ahead and suffer."  Proverbs 27:12 NOG

One of my favorite things... This was just a great week for me.  On Thursday, my cousin came to town with her husband and we had breakfast together.  On Friday, The Grand Duchess came to town and we went to see The War Room with Ms. Sophia.  Shabbat was very relaxing and then we went out to dinner that night.  We walked around a book store while waiting for our table.  We saw many of our favorite books from all our homeschooling years.  We inspired a young mom to read to her littles.  I almost wish the weekend wouldn't end.  

A few plans for the rest of the week... I am feeling so weak in my upper body.  I am going to start doing the plank challenge.  I did the first 20 seconds yesterday.  I was able to do the 15-minute 1-mile challenge at least twice last week.  I've got to try and get in a minimum of 5000 steps each day this week.        

From the learning rooms... I think we are still adjusting to the new schedule.  All the textbooks have come in, so I think we will get more into the swing of things this week.  
  
From the kitchen...   The breakfast tacos that Princess Butterfly made at the beginning of last week turned out great.  It was wonderful knowing that my family was eating a quick but GOOD breakfast and not having to go to fast food or go hungry.  This week I made crustless spinach quiche with a turkey sausage at the bottom.  I hate eggs, but I love that my family likes this quiche.  I have decided that I will limit my backyard grilling to foil packet vegetables.  My grilled meat doesn't turn out so well.  

Around the house... Last week I was able to get a bag of clothes out to donate and got a trash bag full of clutter out.  Although traditionally, Preparation Day is a big cleaning day, I find that by Friday, I just don't have the energy.  For me, it's better to do a big clean up on Monday morning and then just straightening and laundry the rest of the week.  

One of my favorite things...

A peek into my day...













Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *


Find me on Facebook.

Comments