Daybook: Monday, June 8, 2015


Outside my window... It's 10:00 a.m. and already a very sunny 78 degrees.  The Texas summer is well in swing. 

I am thinking... About something my Abba told me yesterday.  I suppose you could call it a strategy in prayer, but it lifted my heart to know that He speaks to my heart about a given situation.  

Also, I feel that my young man is getting too old to be called Boy Wonder in my online writing.  A few months ago, I changed my older daughter's moniker because I learned the definition of what I used to call her and didn't like it.  Since she has become The Grand Duchess, and the youngest is Princess Butterfly, I feel he needs a title of nobility.  Given his success in learning Japanese, which is also the country of his birth, I hereby bestow upon him the title of Kootaishi, which means Crown Prince, as he is the sole male heir in our family kingdom.   

I am thankful... For re-connecting with the woman who was my best friend 25 years ago.  She was Dancing Angel's godmother.  Our loss of touch was not due to a falling out, just lives going in different directions.  I am thankful for all the beautiful praying women that Abba has put in my life.  


I am wearing... A pair of  denim capris and a Girl Scout T-shirt.  Definitely need to work on my wardrobe.  

I am creating... This is the progress on putting the mitered squares together.  I'm looking forward to our road trip so I can piece them together.  I hope to get it significantly done so I can start making some knitted children's hats.  I would like to take on some smaller projects so I can see myself getting things done.  I would also like to make prayer shawls for my two great-aunts and possibly for my mother-in-law as well.  Maybe during my sewing season, I can do some service projects like the Night Night Bags.    

I am going... To plan on completing all my knitting projects done by Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) and then start some sewing projects between Sukkot and Shavuot.  That way I'm preparing for the winter in the summer and preparing for the summer in the winter.  

I am reading... This webpage struck a chord with me and encouraged me to stay my present course of going back to school.  Here’s A Shocking Truth If You Think You’ve Wasted Your Life.  

I am listening to.... Nothing worth sharing.    

I am hoping... To add the pitter-patter of 4 more feet to our household.  Friend Hubby is hooked on dachshunds now and looking to get a companion for Ella.  

I am looking forward to... Princess Butterfly and the team bringing home the gold.  

I am reading... Very little.  Season 4 of Call the Midwife is going to be taken off PBS in 8 days.  Binge!  

One of my favorite things... Brainstorming with my family for a business idea.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  So last week, I mentioned my production goals as a transcriptionist.  Forget everything I told you.  I have repeatedly asked my employer for a change of schedule.  Ideally, I would like to work a 4-day five-hour week instead of a 5-day four-hour week.  They continuously deny my request so I have decided to take matters into my own hands.  Because I am paid by production and not by hours, I don't think how many hours I sit at this computer should be such a big deal.  Also, because of their new policies, I am not trying to bust my behind for them.  I can do a stellar line count and one mistake will drop my line count rate down to 7 cents a line.  Are you kidding me? I recently read an article that said to rent a 2-bedroom apartment in my state, I would need to be making $16.68 per hour.  That's 238 lines per hour at 7 cents per line.  Industry standard is only 150 lines per hour, but because the account I work on is so terrible, they only expect me to do 125 lines per hour and they compensate me for the other 25 lines.  I have said before, I am being asked to make bricks without straw.  

The IC is paying 4 cents per line for voice recognition so basically, I need to get my speed up to a minimum of 300 lines per hour to make 8 cents a line.  I just turned 48 years old.  How long can I keep up this pace?         

From the learning rooms... I think Kootaishi is doing very well with the college algebra.  I am learning that I am not as fast as he is, but I am getting there at my pace.  I am relying on Saxon Algebra 2 to teach myself because I've got a D.I.V.E. CD and the solutions manual.  Princess Butterfly is doing a complete lesson of Saxon Algebra 1 every day this summer so she will be ready for SAT Prep in the fall.  I will be able to help her with Algebra 2.  Maybe she will get through 2 books in one year.  That would be a first for one of my children.  I found out that a law just changed in our state so that she will no longer have to show by transcript that she has COMPLETED 10th grade, so I am looking at getting her enrolled in her first 2 college classes this coming spring.  She will take a foreign language and probably computer science.  Kootaishi just finished it and did not find it difficult at all.  

For my health... I was so convicted by a post from Donalacasa:  The Lady of the House, that I put a pedometer app on my phone.  There are some days that because of the nature of my job, I know that I don't even get 2000 steps in.  I am ASHAMED of that.  I feel as if I am taking the grace of good health for granted.  
 I also know that what this website says holds true as well.  WHY GOING OUTDOORS MAKES YOU SMARTER, STRONGER, AND MORE SPIRITUAL.  I've GOT to do better.  

From the kitchen... Looking for more cold meal ideas for Shabbat over the summer.  This past Shabbat I made a pasta salad and a chicken salad and bought some pita bread.  Maybe some     

Around the house... With the addition of studying algebra, I'm going to have to reconfigure my schedule.      

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook.

Comments