Daybook, Monday, June 29, 2015


Outside my window... We had a GOOD downpour on Sunday.  It took the temperature down to the mid 70s.  Humid, but beautiful!  

I am thinking... In light of the SCOTUS decision and the major events leading up to it in the news, my response is 2-fold.  

ONE:  I believe very strongly in the power of prayer.  We have a weekly prayer call that takes place over the phone, but I like to pray in person.  I want to start a FLASH MOB PRAYER movement.  A flash mob prayer is a texted prayer chain to meet up at a certain place and certain time for prayer.  I don't pray with everyone.  Sorry, I just don't believe that it is Scriptural.  

First of all:  
1 Thessalonians 5:12 ISR98 
"But brothers, we beg you to know those who labour among you, and are over you in the Master and admonish you, and to hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves." 

I need to see that you are bearing righteous fruit in your life, otherwise, our prayers will not be on one accord, they will be in discord and, thus ineffective.  

Secondly:  
Proverbs 28:9 ISR98  
"He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination."

I need to see that you believe in applying the Word to your life and walking it out, not a hearer of the Word, but a doer.  That doesn't mean that you do everything perfect, it means that you acknowledge His ways above your own.  

Definition of TORAH:  "Teaching: The direction one is 
to take in life. [ms: hrt] [freq.
219] |kjv: law| {str: 8451}"

2 Timothy 3:16-17 ISR98 
"ALL Scripture is breathed by Elohim and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for setting straight, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of Elohim might be fitted, equipped for every good work."  

I have seen Yehovah do WONDROUS things in prayer.  Let's have flash mob prayers in the park, at the library, at the school, in coffee shops, in the grocery story, in courtrooms, at capitol buildings.  If it is announced in the news that people are coming to pray, the point has been missed.  You can gather in a grocery store aisle without anyone knowing that's what you're there for and pray.  

I no longer desire to just drop my children off at their various activities.  When they get out of the car, I'm going sit there in the parking lot and pray a hedge of protection about them EVERY TIME.  When the Grand Duchess gets back from her internship, I plan to prayer walk on her college campus before classes begin.  Maybe I need to sit in my car and pray before I go into a store to shop to prepare me for an opportunity to minister while I'm in there.   

And speaking of praying in the grocery store, on Friday, the day of "the decision," I went to one of my local crunchy grocery stores to get some strawberries.  I had gotten some from there before I left and they were DELICIOUS.  When I walked up to the produce there was a homosexual man leaning against the bins.  I smiled, politely excused myself and began to inspect the clear plastic containers of strawberries.  He picks up one and hands it to me and when I turn it over, my face automatically frowns at the white fuzz I see.  Again, I smile, shake my head and continue my inspection amid what I now slowly begin to recognize as his annoyance.  After I get my strawberries I move a few feet away and begin to inspect the cherry tomatoes, in similar containers the same way.  He starts murmuring about me and when I glance over my shoulder, there is such an arrogance about him that seems to say that I had not right to be picky over my selection, that maybe I needed to just take what I was given (fuzzy, wrinkled, whatever) and be satisfied with it.  Is this the kind of arrogance we can now expect from them now that they've "won."  I was wearing light-weighted warmup pants, a light teal colored shirt, and my hair was pinned up, as it usually is when I go out.  There was nothing in my dress, tone, or appearance that indicated what I believed or that I was in any way antagonistic against him.  My mind made a connection to a similar event about a decade ago when I temporarily worked as a cake decorator for a local grocery store.  My trainer was a very flamboyant homosexual man.  I never discussed anything of faith with him.  I was very professional, there to do a job, but our spirits constantly clashed, even when our words did not.  Whenever possible, I tried to engage him in conversation AS A HUMAN BEING.  One day, he mentioned that he was taking sign language at the community college.  Great!  Common interest discussion.  I mentioned that I had great interest in sign language as a child, having babysat for a deaf little girl, and being asked to assist with the deaf and mute Girl Scout Troop.  His response was that he would need to be careful about what he signed around me.  Being slow to catch on again, worked for a minute before I asked him, "Oh, you like to cuss people out in sign language."  He didn't answer, just turned up his nose and walked away.          

So we have had the feminist movement, the sexual revolution, and whatever history will call this era, I would like to start a REAL WOMAN movement to take back my created Elohim-given gender.  I refuse to allow non-women, fake women, pseudo-women, or counterfeit women out woman me!  (Yes, I am mad, bro).  Collectively, I carried 4 human beings to term inside my body, endured nearly 4 days of intense labor, and lactated for 4 years of my life, to speak of only a few of uniquely feminine features of my design.  As my children would say, that is "no shade" on women who are infertile because being able to bear a child is not the only definition of womanhood, but it is definitely not the definition of a counterfeit woman, that's for sure.  I AM A WOMAN.   

Have you heard of the True Woman Manifesto by Revive our Hearts Ministries?  We are going to need ministries like this in the coming days to teach our daughters to take joy in how they were fearfully and wonderfully made.  

I am thankful... I was able to see where the Grand Duchess is staying over the summer and meet her landlady.  I'm thankful for having gotten to see my mother-in-law, my sister, brother-in-law, nephews and meet my niece for the first time.  Thankful for having been able to have a great time visiting my father-in-law, stepmother-in-law, sister-in-law and two nieces at their house.  My heart was touched when my father-in-law echoed a 40-year-old longing in my heart.  I have said before how I grew up watching family shows, especially the multi-generational show The Waltons.  I longed for that a moment at the table like that.  When we sat down to eat, my father-in-law was so thankful to Yehovah for restoring his relationship with Friend Hubby after nearly 50 years, his namesake and firstborn son, as well as his other namesake Kootaishi, that he stood up so he could take a picture of his dinner table with just a portion of his descendants.  Kootaishi snapped a picture of Friend Hubby taking a picture of his father taking a picture.  Hilarious!  I can't even put into words how my father-in-laws joy blessed me and brought healing.  May Yah save, deliver, and heal all of our relatives and heal our broken families!  There is nothing to hard for Him!    

I also got to spend some time with my great-aunt, my oldest living relative on my mother's side.  She's one of my grandmother's younger sisters.  From her, I was able to get a sense of vindication from Yehovah for a trial I have endured that began in December 2007.  I was able to release some things as well.     

I am creating...  I got a lot of piecing together of the mitered squares done while on the road.  Because Kootaishi's legs have grown so long, this was our first road trip where I was relegated to the back seat.  It was fine, but next road trip we're going in the bigger car.  

I am reading... The Emperor of Ocean Park by Stephen L. Carter.  This is written by a Harvard professor.  The elevated level of vocabulary makes my brain tingle.  LOL

I am listening to....  
DECLARATIONS OF THE TRUE WOMAN MANIFESTO, PART 1:  Living Life as a True Woman and The Way to Make Men Feel Respected.  

I am learning... So much about Friend Hubby's family.  Through FamilySearch.org, I have traced his family back to a grandmother with a birth date of 1802.  Through information given to me by my great-aunt on our trip, I was also able to find information on where my great-grandfather came from.  

One of my favorite things... Last week's road trip.  I LOVE road trips.  Road trips take you out from under the spiritual principality you live under so that you can think for yourself.  It clears up the spiritual atmosphere, so to speak.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Staying on top of work, study, housework, and exercise.  I was able to connect with some of my long-time internet friends to be able to have accountability regarding discipline with bedtime.  It's ashamed at 48 I need someone to tell me when to go to bed.  LOL    

Through a method of Bible study I have been doing recently in a Facebook group, I now know how to go about finishing the series I started for Daughters of Israel on The Acrostic of Proverbs 31: Verse 10 last summer.  

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:  Kootaishi is trying to get caught up on the work he missed in college algebra while we were on our road trip.  I feel like I am slowing him down, so I am going to do work in the Saxon Algebra 2 book.  I think I will save myself some time and skip over all the geometry review in the beginning.  I just need to stick to the algebra.      

Sophomore:  Princess Butterfly's team placed 6th in the nation for Senior Group Performance at National History Day.  They didn't place, but they were awarded outstanding entry from our state.  I am very proud of them.  They did a wonderful job.  Because 4/5 of the team winners have placed at nationals before, it was shocking for them not to win.  I honestly hope they will try again with humility and diligence.    

From the kitchen...  We took homemade fried chicken on the road with us, along with grapes, cherry tomatoes, and carrots.  Next time I'm going to try using mason jars for storage.    

Around the house...  I never thought I would be a pre-vacation cleaner, but we did clean the house the day before we left.  I've got a lot of dusting to catch up on now.   
   
Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ 


Find me on Facebook.

Comments