Daybook: Monday, June 1, 2015


Outside my window... We have had so much rain in the past couple of weeks that it has completely pulled us out of the drought.  I am still praying for the families of those who lost loved ones.  :-(

I am thinking...  The journey from Egypt to the promise land was an 11-day journey that took 40 years.  Let that be a lesson to me when I complain about how long I feel my trial is lasting.  

I am thankful... My Boy Wonder was awarded his 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do (our very own Bruce Leroy).  On his next level, he will be considered a master!  I am thankful for our late neighbor Riley who loved his neighbor as himself and brought my son to train along with his.  Being in martial arts has taught my children to set goals, don't make excuses, work diligently, and achieve them.  I have Mr. Riley to thank for that.  He is greatly missed.  

Also, Grand Duchess made it to the east coast safely and will be starting her summer internship.  I am looking forward to reading her blog of her adventures, so long as they do not involve being directionally challenged.  

I am wearing... Denim shorts and a Girl Scout 100 year commemorative T-shirt.  

I am creating... I decided that on our summer road trip I would piece all the mitered squares together while riding in the car.  In the meantime, I bought more burgundy and I have made lots and lots of off-white.  This is what it's supposed to look like.  The burgundy is the same in the center, but the pink will be off-white and the border will be black.  More dramatic colors to match The Grand Duchess' personality.  


I am going... Now that the co-ops are out for the school year, maybe I can more exercise in.  I need to get back to my plan of 30 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of calisthenics every day.  

I am reading... I have been watching too much Call the Midwife and not enough reading.  

I am hoping... For something for Friend Hubby.  It would mean all the things in the world if this prayer request is answered.  Please pray with us.  Our Father knows.  

I am looking forward to... Our road trip.  I always get clarity of mind on long car rides.  

One of my favorite things... Our house was so busy this past week.  Our friend of nearly 18 years came to visit last week.  She watched Boy Wonder get awarded his 3rd-degree black belt.  She and her late husband were here to see him get his 1st degree.  It was very special having her there.  She and her friend and daughter spent the night and stayed for Shavuot, but we were so distracted by the tornado warning!  A couple of days later, we were visited by a friend from 20 years ago.  It was so good to see him too.  

NOT my favorite thing, but we had to say goodbye to a sister in our congregation.  We had prayed for her to be reunited with her family.  We thought that meant they were coming here, but Our Father had other plans and sent her and her beautiful daughter to them.  We are going to miss them SO much! 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  My part-time job kept running out of work this past week.  My production goal for this week is 3750 lines with my employed position and 4000 lines with my IC position.  Hold me accountable!

From the learning rooms... Boy Wonder starts College Algebra tomorrow.  I have worked through the first chapter.  I like how the book gives the example and then tells you to go work problems 67, 71, and 73.  There are more problems than that, but if you already understand the material, there is no need for overkill.  I can check the answers in the back of the book.  I just want to do well enough to CLEP it by the end of the summer.  I work in two 45-minute intervals with a 15-minute break in between.   I am also getting ready to watch the video I got from the library on AP U.S. History.  Hopefully, we can work through that over the summer and the 3 of us CLEP it.  
  
Noticing that... We took our Ella to the vet this week.  She was NOT happy.  She told those people in the vet office a thing or two.  Yesterday, I took her to the groomer to have her nails clipped.  It was her first time.  She didn't bark at anyone.  She just whimpered silently, taking her cue from the other dogs around her.  My baby's growing up!       

Pondering these words... I am meditating on this passage of Scripture, working my way through one characteristic at a time.  


2 Peter 1:5-8 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

For this very reason, try your hardest to furnish your faith with goodness, goodness with knowledge, knowledge with self-control, self-control with perseverance, perseverance with godliness, godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if you have these qualities in abundance, they keep you from being barren and unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah.

I have put them in list form below with the Amplified Bible definitions in parentheses.  
  1. Faith (diligence [to the divine promises].)  
  2. Goodness/virtue (excellence, resolution, Christian energy).  
  3. Knowledge (intelligence).  
  4. Self-control.  
  5. Perseverance (patience, endurance).  
  6. Godliness (piety).  
  7. Brotherly affection.  
  8. Love (Christian love).  
Acts 24:25 Amplified Bible (AMP) - "But as he continued to argue about uprightness, purity of life (the control of the passions), and the judgment to come, Felix became alarmed and terrified and said, Go away for the present; when I have a convenient opportunity, I will send for you."

This verse is the most unpopular message that we are tasked with delivering to a generation who isn't trying to hear it.  

From the kitchen... I think the Two Two Easy Peach Cobbler is my go to dessert now.  It is so easy to make.  

Around the house... I was proud of myself last week.  I did some work on the gameroom and in the master bedroom.  

One of my favorite sayings...
  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook.

Comments