Daybook: Monday, May 18, 2015

Outside my window... We have received so much rain that we are actually inching out of the drought.  HalleluYah!  

I am thinking... About a heated discussion I had last week on Facebook with other Girl Scout leaders about the admission of boys into the Girl Scouts.  I have to step back and recognize that I am arguing with people who have been blinded to the truth. 

Genesis 19:9-11 AMP - "But they said, Stand back! And they said, This fellow came in to live here temporarily, and now he presumes to be [our] judge! Now we will deal worse with you than with them. So they rushed at and pressed violently against Lot and came close to breaking down the door.  But the men [the angels] reached out and pulled Lot into the house to them and shut the door after him.  And they struck the men who were at the door of the house with blindness [which dazzled them], from the youths to the old men, so that they wearied themselves [groping] to find the door."

Most of the conversations will eventually work themselves around to "Who are you to judge me?"  

Romans 1:21-22 AMP - "Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.  Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves]."

These conversations go round and round until, although they are typed words on the screen, in my mind I am shouting.  But what good is shouting the Word of our Creator at them?  

Proverbs 50:16 AMP - " But to the wicked, God says: What right have you to recite My statutes or take My covenant or pledge on your lips?" 

Will shouting at a blind person give them sight?  I need a heart change of how I present the truth so that His love is demonstrated in order to pierce their darkness.  If I cannot speak the truth in love, I need to keep my mouth shut and stay out of social media arguments.  

Proverbs 18:2 - "A [self-confident] fool has no delight in understanding but only in revealing his personal opinions and himself." 

I am thankful... I have had so many moments of depression over my job since January 1st.  I felt like Jacob when he told Laban, "You've changed my wages 10 times."  I got a totally unexpected message the other day from my supervisor.  


"I have received the scorecard results for pay week ending 5/8/2015, and I wanted to share this information with you."  
Converted LPH (Based on Web clock HR)
QC % after Exclusion
Quality Score %
Patient Safety Index
Document Integrity Index
Quality Index
                  156.28
0.00%
100.00%
100.00%
100.00%
100.00%

"We appreciate you and all of your hard work in the efforts to provide quality documentation for the patients we serve." 

I was dumbfounded.  I had become so accustomed to only getting negative feedback when I did wrong that I could not even let my mind wrap around this commendation.  I sent her a message back asking if this was a TEAM statistic.  I thought surely it was and that she just wanted to boast on HER team.  She replied that it was just me.  Just me.  While I am thankful, I kind of feel like a dog you have kicked around for some time that you suddenly reach out to give a pat on the head.  I'm thankful, but after all the abuse, it is difficult to open my heart to receive it.  I can see why "healing" was the subject of what I testified about on Shabbat.  

I am wearing... Capris and a t-shirt. 

I am creating... I have started watching Call the Midwife.  That has become my knitting time.  

I am reading... I FINALLY finished The Moor's Account.  I want to get started on the Lives of Faith Reading List that I mentioned last week.  

I am listening to....  Richard Smallwood, "Healing."


I am hoping... I have a plan for how to save for our family vacation next year.  I have shared it with 2 of my children, but I have to wait until to coast is clear to share it with the third.  

I am looking forward to... The Grand Duchess is coming home today!!!

One of my favorite things...  Yesterday, we took the youth of our congregation to an indoor entertainment center.  I think we all had fun!  They did laser tag, rock climbing, and then we bowled and ate pizza.  Boy Wonder surprised me when I realized that his strategy for bowling was basically a stance from a TKD kata.  I tried it once.  Umm.  No.  I did, however, come from 30 points behind and in the last 2 frames waxed him.  Ahh.  A good day.  :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week... All the end of the year parties!        

From the learning rooms... 
College Mama:  I need to set a goal for how much Algebra I plan to do in a week.  It is a 3-credit hour class, so I need to set aside at least 6 hours during the week to make it happen. 
Junior:  Now that community college classes are done until Algebra starts on June 1st, I'm going to have to crack that whip for classes we have started and not finished.  
Freshman:  Just when I thought I'd have some extra money at the end of the month, the other co-op is asking for fees.  It's not as much as the Tuesday co-op so I shouldn't complain, but I was hoping there would be extra.    
  
Noticing that... On Shabbat, we talked about the healing of soul injuries.  I recognize that when I treat my body better, my soul does better.  This morning, I opened up the My Fitness Pal app.  I don't think I used it at all last week and I know on Sunday I had WAYYYYY too many carbs.  My fast was so effective spiritually last week that I realize that I need to fast more often.       

From the kitchen...  On Shabbat, I found a recipe for slow-cooker lasagna.  Princess Butterfly put it together for me, but I was not satisfied with it at all.    

Around the house...  I owe my gameroom an hour of cleaning from last week.  This week, I want to spend an hour in my bedroom.  Maybe if I think of it as a debt that has to be paid, I will be more diligent to get it done.  Besides, I love being able to put cleaning down as exercise in My Fitness Pal.  There is a newly opened store near me called At Home.  I think it used to be Garden Ridge.  I found wonderful organizational helpers to turn the space around my desk into something like this:  



































Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook.

Comments