Daybook: Monday, May 11, 2015


Outside my window... It is a rainy day.  My dachshund is bored.  

I am thinking... That it's probably not a good idea to forget to close the sun roof on the car on a rainy night.  Um, yeah.... I don't think I will ever open the sunroof again.  

I am thankful... That my family understands that what I need most on Mother's Day is THEM.  They are my gifts from Yehovah.  Friend Hubby brought me flowers, for which I am thankful, but even if he hadn't, I would still have been fine with it.  Mother's Day was a stressful day for me growing up, and after Dancing Angel's passing, it became an emotionally difficult day.  Now, even though it is more than just another day in some aspects, it is a day for me to look at the fruit of my hands and be grateful of the souls that were entrusted to me for safekeeping.  

I am wearing... My comfy work clothes.  

I am creating... Not as much as last week.  

I am reading... I think I may be finished with The Moor's Account this week.  I think I have found my summer reading list.  

I am listening to.... 
Mature Women and Godly, Manly Elders.  

I am hoping... I should say that I am believing that everything is going to work out for The Grand Duchess as far as shelter and provision for her summer internship.  If you are connected to either of us on Facebook, PLEASE donate to her GoFundMe.

I am looking forward to...To staying on track with work this week.  I am not doing a good job so far sitting here writing this blog.  

I am learning... In the past couple of weeks, I took some seminars on my job that taught me a lot about increasing my productivity.  I need to keep this sheet open and add on to what I use daily.  

One of my favorite things... Texting this picture to my family members and getting their responses because they know the significance of it.  

 







From the learning rooms... I decided that when Boy Wonder gets his college Algebra textbook soon that I am going to sit down and do the problems myself.  At the end of the summer, I'm going to CLEP it.  I'm also going to get the study guide for college literature and the 3 of us are going to study and CLEP together.  We might just do U.S. History that way too because The Grand Duchess gave us one of her textbooks.  

We are still reading through Things Fall Apart and Economics for Christian Schools

Noticing that... Boy Wonder has been following my blog lately and pestering me to write about him so I'm thinking next week I will do a photo essay that highlights his major life events beginning with the pictures taken just after his circumcision.  One should never ask their mother to write about them.  Her memory of all of  life's deeds and misdeeds is nearly photographic.       

Pondering these words... 

  
From the kitchen... 
Monday:  Oven roasted stir-fry vegetables from Costco (they were supposed to be stir-fried, but I opted to roast them), chicken wings with teriyaki sauce. 

Tuesday:   Three Packet Slow Cooker Roast.
  











Slow cooker mashed potatoes.  

Definitely grateful for owning more than one crock pot on a Tuesday night.  The slow cooker mashed potatoes were a HIT (even though I really need to work on reading ALL the directions first).  As a side dish, we also tried Trader Joes Fire Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Butter Sauce mixed with some Costco organic green beans.  It was so nice to have something different!  





Wednesday:  I marinated some chicken thighs with Grill Mates Garlic, Herb, & Wine.  I baked it and served the rest of the mashed potatoes with some chicken gravy (which Boy Wonder will not eat -- oh, well). 

I also learned that my local grocery store, HEB, has its own app.  So of course, if I downloaded that app, I also had to download the app for Sprouts, Costco, Sam's, and Whole Foods.  Trader Joes didn't have its own, just an app by a fan.  I didn't want that.  According to Consumer Reports, I shop 5 of the top 15 grocery chains in America.  Randalls is in my neighborhood, but it ranked 57/68.  Sad!      

Around the house... On Tuesday, I couldn't stand my house!  LOL  I was supposed to go back to work for my afternoon IC position, but the kitchen, the laundry, and the cooking!  Oh my!  I decided just to clean.  I marked my time so I could add it to My Fitness Pal.  

A peek into my day...
Friend Hubby, Dancing Angel and me, my very first Mother's Day.











The Grand Duchess and me.  

 My Boy Wonder and me.  









Princess Butterfly and me.  











  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook.

Comments