Daybook, Monday, May 4, 2015


Outside my window... It's already getting a bit on the hot side!  

I am thinking... About two occasions over the past couple of days where I was feeling irritated.  The first came from a group thread that I am on on Facebook where this woman keeps tagging me just to tell me I'm wrong.  It is very annoying so I just stopped saying anything.  

The other thing is that the father of one of my daughter's teammates for NHD made a comment that when they were homeschooling (1 year) they would have had more time for NHD.  I took offense because so many non-homeschooling parents think homeschoolers have all the time in the world to work on academic competitions.  I replied that we were just as busy, but my thoughts that always come too late with a "shoulda said catchy comeback" told me I should have just asked him why their homeschool schedule was so light.  :-P



Obviously, I have some pride issues to work on.  I was tired during both occurrences so you know I am most susceptible to sin when I am too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired (HALT).  

I am thankful... My Princess Butterfly and her National History Day team won 1st place in the Senior Group Performance category and they are going to Washington DC!  

I am wearing... Something way too warm for the weather we are currently having.  

I am creating...  I am now on Ravelry as Donalacasa.  I'm so excited!  I didn't know there was a social network just for knitters.  

I am going... To be working like a mad woman over the next couple of months.  

I am wondering... I was sitting in the informational meeting they have for the students who are advancing to nationals.  This was Princess Butterfly's second time so I wasn't really listening that attentively until I heard, "Blah, blah, blah Senior division winners are being given an honor cord to wear on their graduation cap and gown..."  Wait, WHAT?  Cap and gown???  Princess Butterfly is my baby!  We are NOT talking about caps and gowns (I type this after her completing her application for taking college classes while still in high school), but NO!  We are not having the cap and gown conversation about my baby!  

I am reading... I am still reading The Moor's Account, but I'm almost done.  On Shabbats, I am reading Tramp for the Lord

I am listening to.... This message blessed me SO MUCH.  
God Uses Mature Men and Women in Your Life.  It is from the message called:  How God Overcomes Failure in Your Family by Voddie Baucham.     

One of my favorite things... I saw a woman with the most beautiful royal purple head wrap at the competition.  I will be looking into the color purple later in the summer (the wardrobe, not the movie).  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I have a lot to get done this week, but I am planning on being disciplined in my workout schedule.  I've been sitting at this desk for too long already and I'm getting ready to get on the treadmill.     

Pondering these words... "God can do more with what you don't have than what you can do with what you do."  ~ Dr. Voddie Baucham   

Around the house... My latest homemaking project is to begin to gather up medals, certificates, and trophies that have been lying around collecting dust and continue to work on building our children's accomplishment wall.  This is not ours.  I had taken a picture of ours, but the names could be clearly seen on the certificates so I decided just to post a sample from the web, but this doesn't even begin to display the awards of 4 highly competitive children.  I have tassels and spelling bee ribbons from Dancing Angel, certificates of achievement from the Grand Duchess, medals and commendations for Boy Wonder (there, I mentioned you), and Princess Butterfly's regional, state, and national medals.  I have to get shelves for Dancing Angel's piano trophies and Boy Wonder's Timothy Award.  I did buy one, but it was unsuccessful at remaining on the wall.  























Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook.

Comments