Daybook: Monday, February 9, 2015



Outside my window... Sunny and 74.  How's that for February!  

I am thinking... Boy Wonder came home from his community college Japanese class talking about going to college in Tokyo.  I was lamenting over it when my sister reminded me, "You got married and moved overseas."  Sigh.  Isn't it annoying when your family uses your own life against you?  LOL  After further discussion, he understands that I would feel better if he did his first two years of college in America and then went, when he was around 20.  I didn't leave America before I was 20.  That would give me a bit more peace.  The down side for me is that he would be going as a civilian and not have the support of a military community.  I suppose he will create his own sense of community.  The up side is that he will have a greater grasp of the Japanese language before he gets to Tokyo than either his father or I did of the Portuguese language going to the Azores.  Sigh.  Another one of my little birdies preparing to fly away from the nest.  After all that, I went out to lunch with my friend who let's me whine and totally understands because she has a son the same age.  She asked me if I hadn't had the conversation with my little boy and told him that he wasn't allowed to leave Mommy.  Finally, someone who understands!  LOL  

I am thankful... Friend Hubby responded to my request for a driving pillow with lightning speed.  While driving at night, making a left turn on major intersections, I have difficulty seeing the median (painted or raised) because I am so short it is difficult to see over the car's body frame in both his car AND mine.  I've got to start working on my core.  I think I'm shrinking.  

I am wearing... I'm in all black at the moment.  Black yoga pants, black T-shirts, black oversized knit top.  

I am creating... I REALLY need to knit faster.  There are so many projects I want to start. 

I am going... To have my sister hold me accountable for getting moving toward the social media marketing career field.  

I am wondering... There are events in my life that I haven't fully healed from.  I was praying and I ask myself, what do you want Yehovah to do?  We can't go back and change the past.  We can't go back and change the decisions we made (Turn Left - inside joke).  How long until I'm no longer reacting to life based on that event?  I just want to be healed.  I want my family to be healed. 




I am reading... I have read 16% of The Moor's Account by Laila Lalami, and 33% of A Woman's Call to Prayer by Elizabeth George. 

I am listening to.... Two things, Pastor Keith Johnson of the Biblical Foundations Academy has produced a series of 10 videos on the Ten Commandments from the original Hebrew language.  I'm also listening to Brother Kenny Russell of BulldozerFaith Ministries.      

I am hoping... The same think I've been hoping for since September.  How long, Abba, how long?  
"But those who wait for YHVH [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to Elohim] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired."  Isaiah 40:31

I am looking forward to... My Boy Wonder turns 17 this week.  Where has the time gone?  

One of my favorite things... I found a BEAUTIFULLY made video of the neighborhood Friend Hubby and I lived in the first year and a half of marriage, 27 years ago.  The village is called Porto Martins, on the island of Terceira, in the Azores, Portugal, roughly 500 miles west of Lisbon.  At 01:21 in the video, if you follow the road on the left side of the screen, the tiny little house on the left where the road becomes a T, with the window facing out on the street, that's our little honeymoon cottage.  We moved there 2 months after our wedding.  <3  When we lived there, the roads weren't paved.  They were either dirt or cobblestone, and there was only one person in the neighborhood who owned a telephone.  It looks like they've upgraded.    


From the learning rooms... We are working together on Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.   Later on I'd like to go through The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross with them.  
  
Noticing that... My face broke out with some blemishes this week.  My son blames it on the new Taco Bell in our neighborhood that we have been getting lunch from recently.      

Pondering these words... 


   

From the kitchen... On Shabbat, I made Oven Roasted Root Vegetables and Hoisin-Glazed Roast Chicken.  

Around the house... I'm going to do some things in the kitchen this week.  

One of my favorite things... Watching my Grand Duchess get all dolled up to go to a gala.     

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook!

Comments

  1. I can't believe he's already gonna be 17! Praise Yah for Boy Wonder's ambition! I know the difficulty in letting go as a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where our children are concerned, time goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment