Daybook: Monday, December 8, 2014

Outside my window... At 9:15 p.m., it is 52 degrees and clear.  

I am thinking... About how during the week, I fill this page with so many of my opinions and right before I publish, I delete them.  Learning not to be wise in my own opinion, I fear, is going to take some time.  

I am thankful... For the Sunday evening face-time calls with our daughter (formerly known as My Diva until a friend pointed out that a diva is a false diety.  Um.  No).  She will heretofore be known as The Grand Duchess.  I am also thankful for an hour-long walk with my Princess Butterfly.  We've got to do that more often.   

I am wearing... Bumming.  'Nough said.  

I am creating... Next week, I am going to actually take a picture of the blanket I am knitting for The Grand Duchess.  That way I can be accountable for my progress.  On the other hand, I did teach Princess Butterfly to purl stitch today.  We are both pretty happy about it.  

I am reading...  A good article someone on Facebook shared called The Top 10 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas.  It's not argumentative or antagonistic.  Good read.  

I have read 28% of The Impeachment of Abraham Lincoln by Stephen L. Carter, and 62% of Lord, Change Me by Evelyn Christenson.  

I am learning... To guard myself against the spirit of rejection.  Dr. Charles Stanley had a sermon outline that describes what a person affected by this spirit looks like.  Release from the Bondage of Rejection.  "Until a person recognizes the presence of rejection in their life, and discovers the source of it, and deals with it, it will bother you all of your life."  
Joseph and his brothers.  
Moses and the children of Israel. 
David and Saul.  
Paul and the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees.      
Yeshua "He came to His own and His own received Him not."   

I am listening to....  A message by Dr. Charles Stanley called Victory Over Rejection.  This was one of the hardest messages that I have ever listened to.  It was hard because it was so very, very painful.  It was very, very painful because it was very, very truthful.  I saw all of the rejection that I perceived or experienced as a child.  I saw my rejection of others.  I saw how this seed of rejection is still working in the lives of my immediate family as well.  As a result, I am praying Ephesians 1:3-21 for myself, for each of my family members, for our parents, and for our siblings and inserting our/their names in every place that the pronouns "we, us, our, etc." is found.  

The Power of Words:  Death and Life by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.  I ignored the references to "Easter (Ishtar), Lent, etc.," but the Bible study on what the book of Proverbs has to say about the power of our words was really good.    

I listened to a Messianic Women's Program on Thursday night that I surprisingly enjoyed.  I'm not going to lie; there is not a whole lot of Messianic/Hebraic root teaching that I listen to consistently.  Some teaching is just too unbalanced for my taste.  These women were refreshingly real.  Thursday at 7 pm CT - the RENEWING THE MIND series continues as part of the Rebulding Isha main series on Messianic LAMB Radio.    

I am hoping... That my in-laws will completely recover from their recent health challenges.  

I am looking forward to... Being able to pray with a congregational leader all the way in India on our prayer conference call.  My husband gets him on Skype and we can lift one another up in prayer on opposite sides of the world.  AWESOME!  

One of my favorite things... Going to Madeleine this week.  My favorite "ladies hangout."  It's our very own "withdrawing" room. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Our family's BIG dinner with family and friends.  It used to be Thanksgiving Day, then we moved it to the Shabbat following Thanksgiving, but this time we delayed it 2 weeks because so many people would be out of town.      

From the learning rooms... My son has been working a lot in the past month or so.  It has been hard to stay on top of things.  Time to get refocused!  I am very pleased with how our Boy Wonder has done in his first college classes.  

Pondering these words... 
Genesis 32:11-12 ISR98  “Deliver me, I pray, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Ěsaw, for I fear him, lest he come and shall smite me and the mother with the children. For You said, ‘I shall certainly do good to you, and shall make your seed as the sand of the sea, which are too numerous to count.’ ”     
It made me think of this verse:  
Isaiah 43:26 AMP  "Put Me in remembrance [remind Me of your merits]; let us plead and argue together. Set forth your case, that you may be justified (proved right)."
Jacob is reminding Yehovah of what He has said.  He is recounting to Him the promises He has given.  This is an important component of prayer.  It demonstrates that you trust Yah to keep His word.  
Hebrews 11:6 ISR98  "But without belief it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to Elohim has to believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who earnestly seek Him." 
It also says to Yah, your words are important to me.  I have not forgotten them.  
Hebrews 2:1 KJV "Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip."  
From the kitchen...  Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread.  This was REALLY good!  
Easy Stove-Top Macaroni & Cheese.  Also very good, but you need to eat it soon after you cook it.  The cheese got absorbed into the noodles after a while.  
Southern Buttermilk Biscuits with Southern Sausage Gravy.  I substituted turkey breakfast sausage for the pork.  I also learned that I like the spicy breakfast turkey sausage for biscuits and gravy.  Since I didn't have any this time, I added cayenne while the sausage was cooking.  Also, parchment paper for baking is my new best friend!  Just saying...

Around the house... I am pleased with my progress.  I didn't do my focused cleaning in one room, but I did other things.  I will try to get back on schedule this week.  
   

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments