Daybook: Sunday, October 4, 2014


Outside my window... At 8:00 a.m., it is 65 degrees outside.  

I am thinking... About the crazy conversation from my friends on FB this week about the woman who is suing Disney over plagiarizing her AUTOBIOGRAPHY (I'm laughing just typing the word) to make Frozen.  ROTFLOL!!!

"My first thought was, 'Did she have ice coming out of her hands?'" 

"This is going to be the next trial of the century. I'm going to need to watch when they call the singing snowman to the stand..."  

"Olaf is in witness protection, he can't testify. He will melt if he gets in the hot seat."  

"Olaf has to stay in the shade."  




I am thankful... That my Princess Butterfly has completed her project and has earned her Girl Scout Silver Award.  It is the second highest award you can earn as a Girl Scout.  Her project reached almost 150 girls and 40 moms to teach them stranger danger awareness and basic self defense, since she herself has a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.  I'm so proud of her!  <3

I am wearing... Yoga pants and a long sleeved shirt.  I think this is typical for Texas.  I have seen girls in a sweater, shorts, and flip-flops.  

I am creating... No knitting this week.  Shame on me.  

I am going... To stop missing appointments with my hairdresser.  I am going to stop missing appointments with my hair dresser.  I am going to stop.....

I am wondering... Why American Christians will accept a day in May as a National Day of Prayer and not a day in the fall, which is what Yom Kippur is for us who have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb.  We still have our own sins as well as generational sins to confess and repent of.  Why make up a day at random rather than the day appointed in the Scriptures.  If we really believe that God is Who He says He is, why don't we trust HIS calendar rather than our own made up ones (Hillel, Julian, Gregorian, etc).  

Genesis 1:14, "And Elohim said, “Let lights come to be in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and appointed times, and for days and years, 

The Hebrew word for "appointed times" is mo-ed.  It is an appointed place, appointed time, meeting.  It's an appointment.  I missed my hair appointment last week.  I normally write my appointments in Cozi 15 minutes before they are actually scheduled to begin.  I forgot to do that this time.  My appointment was at 2:30.  I showed up at 2:40 and she had already moved on to the next customer.  I MISSED MY APPOINTMENT.  Without being on Yehovah's calendar, we will miss every appointment.  Every miracle Yeshua (Jesus) did was during an appointed time.  His appointment calendar is listed in Leviticus 23.  I have 2 daughters born in late December.  Do you know how hard it is to plan a birthday party in late December?  Both of my daughters have had to have make-up birthday parties because no one was able to show up at the party that was planned.  

Are you getting this?  

"And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a marriage feast [appointed place, appointed time] for his son, and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the marriage feast [appointed place, appointed time]; but they would not come. Again he sent other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, Behold, I have made ready my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves are killed, and everything is ready; come to the marriage feast [appointed place, appointed time].' But they made light of it and went off, one to his farm, another to his business, while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them. The king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city." (Matthew 22:1-7 RSV)

We want Yehovah to show up on OUR time.  We have to unlearn this and learn to show up at HIS time.   

I am reading...  I am done with The French House: An American Family, a Ruined Maison, and the Village That Restored Them All by Don Wallace.  It no longer suits my taste.  I am going to try The Impeachment of Abraham Lincoln by Stephen Carter.  My Diva read it this summer and it looked interesting.  I am 2nd in queue for China Dolls by Lisa See on reserve from my library.  

I am hoping... To regain some consistency in my work schedule this week.  If work is available, I would like to do 1200 lines a day from my employed position, and at least 700 lines this week from my IC position.  I am getting used to the new physicians.  I just need to pick up speed.  

I am looking forward to... Celebrating Sukkot!  We are going family camping in small cabins (one per family).  This is my FAVORITE biblical holiday.  

I am learning... From a Facebook post from Unlearn:  Did you know that "the Fast" mentioned in Acts 27:9 is a reference to Yom Kippur?  "Now when much time had been spent, and sailing was now dangerous because the Fast was already over, Paul advised them..."  Paul kept the Fast.  Keeping the commandments the way they are written has NOTHING to do with being a Judaizer.  When people open their eyes to see that "Judaism" created extra-biblical commandments (then and now), then maybe they will stop using that term to describe people who want to keep the commandments of Yehovah that they are able to.  In James 1, when he speaks of being a doer of the Word and not a hearer only, the "New Testament" hadn't been written yet.  :-)  

Something about being careful, in our attempt to learn to celebrate biblical holidays in biblical ways, to not take on man-made traditions that have come to be associated with them.  This was a very good (however long) teaching, but it was filled with eye-opening information.    



One of my favorite things...  Getting to have a LONG breakfast date with a friend, but getting teased by my family because I hadn't put it in Cozi, using my own words against me, "If it's not in Cozi, it doesn't exist."  :-P  Unfortunately, I enjoyed myself SO much that I forgot my RESCHEDULED hair appointment and forgot I was supposed to be taking a meal to a friend.  Maybe if I didn't wait so long to spend time with friends, I would need to get all my socialization in with one visit.  Lesson learned.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Preparing for Sukkot.      

From the learning rooms... Nothing new to report.  Everything seems to be running smoothly.    

Pondering these words...  Yesterday, at the close of our Shabbat service, we were able to pray for one another and encourage one another.  The Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) took over and as the adults shared their weakness and areas where we need to improve, it opened up the door for our teens and tween to share as well.  What a blessing to be able to just be real without fear of ridicule and just encourage one another.  We definitely need more services like this one!      

From the kitchen...  
Korean Beef Bowl.  This is becoming a family favorite.  It is a very quick mid-week meal.  
Garlic Spinach.  This has a very strong flavor.  We had fake Salisbury Steak (ground beef patties with gravy, mushrooms, and onions).  I would recommend serving this as a companion to something bland because the flavor is going to knock your socks off.  
Peach Crisp.  I found cans of organic peaches at my local crunchy supermarket.  Princess Butterfly threw this together in a jiffy.  Topped it off with some organic Vanilla Bean ice cream.  Yummy!  I am going to have to remember to buy some almond milk or coconut milk ice cream for Boy Wonder.  Going dairy free is clearing up his skin.  My friend told me about making ice cream in the blender.  Must try!  
My kids loved a slow cooker pulled barbecue chicken sandwich on Friday night.     

Around the house... Absolute failure this week.  I think the only thing I did was wash some dishes and carry some clothes upstairs.  Complete opposite of my productivity from last week.  
   

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments