Daybook: Monday, October 13, 2014

Photo credit from MiYah Music's Facebook Page

Outside my window... 64 degrees and clear at 9:48 at night.  

I am thinking... Of the withdrawals I am having from celebrating The Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) this weekend.  We all had such a great time, we're planning on doing everything we can to be able to stay camping out for the whole week.  It was such a memorable time for our whole family.  I'm just basking in the glow.  

I am thankful... For my kitchen co-cap-i-tain!  We bought our food from a far and our candle did not go out by night preparing all the food.  Everybody had plenty to eat and enjoyed the variety.  Golden Corral's got NOTHING on us!  LOL

I am wearing... Jeans and a velour jacket.  The temperature has dropped and I fail to see the need for all these fans my husband has blowing around here.  

I am creating... I pieced together a few more squares on the blanket I am making for my daughter.  

I am wondering... If I'm ever going to like this show my children are anxious for me to like.  

I am reading... China Dolls by Lisa See has arrived.  I can't wait to crack it open.  

I am hoping... To get to sleep earlier tonight.  I'm still tired.  

I am looking forward to... Sukkot next year!  LOL

I am learning... Silent rant.  I typed it and then deleted it because I didn't want it to spoil the joy of this blessed week.  My sisters will understand when I say that I'm taking it to the Situation Room.  

One of my favorite things... Dancing and playing volleyball withe the children.  It was so great to see our children laughing and having a great time.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  The materials we used to make a sukkah in the past, have been re-purposed over the past year.  I don't think we're going to get one up this year.  

From the learning rooms... The only thing that's really getting done this week is co-op work because of Sukkot.  Boy Wonder will take the PSAT this week.  Princess Butterfly got to go on a field trip today to research her NHD project with her team.   

From the kitchen... All the recipes I made for Sukkot --
Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins  
Sausage Gravy (not the biscuits)
Crock Pot Hashbrown Casserole
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
Southern Biscuits
Caldo Verde (not quite this recipe, but similar)
Pumpkin Challah
Easy Korean Beef
Slow Cooker Blueberry Cobbler 
Crock Pot Smores Cake

My sister and co-captain made:
Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
Original Taco Soup Crock Pot 
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup (crock pot)
Whipped Cream
She also made some scrambled eggs for breakfast and some AWESOME macaroni and cheese, but I don't have her recipe for that.  

Around the house... Hopefully more than I got done last week.    

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments