Daybook: Sunday, October 26, 2014


Outside my window...  At 10:00 p.m., 73 degrees.  

I am thinking... About how more than one person this week mentioned to me that I didn't put out a Daybook last week.  I'm glad to know I have such loyal readership.  LOL 

I am thankful... For Shabbat yesterday.  We were in the Word ALL day.  Wow.  I knew that after Sukkot this year there was going to be a shift in the atmosphere.  I can be my own hindrance to learning new things.  I might be considered stubborn by some standards, but I will just leave it at that.  :-)  

I am wearing... Black yoga pants and a yellow top.  I have not mentioned out loud to anyone outside our worship community about my conviction of wearing a head covering during worship.  I recently watched a video on it that definitively solidified my opinion regarding head covering in the assembly of worship.  I thought that there was a superb job done of covering the history and scriptural context of it.  It was presented in a way that made sense to me.  Yes, there were some elements of the video that I no longer identify with, but I would encourage you to watch it in its entirety, as well as doing your own research, before making a judgement on the issue.  

I am creating... Just a smidgen of knitting took place this week.  On the field trip I went to today, I actually fell in love with some handmade quilts.  I was inspired to make a quilt that tells the story of our family's homeschooling years with a square for each extracurricular activity we have been involved in.  One day....

I am reading...  China Dolls by Lisa See.  I love historical fiction, but there are probably some points of history I could probably do without knowing.  Still, it's a good read, but definitely not for everyone.  

I am learning... That there are many people who try to grasp deep things of a spiritual nature, but they really need to go back and review the elementary principles of salvation, righteous living, demonstrating the fruit of the Spirit, etc.  

One of my favorite things... My youngest daughter received her Girl Scout Silver Award this past week.  Sometimes we baby our children.  We think they are not capable of doing hard things.  Sometimes they surprise us.  I am thankful my children have the opportunity and the privilege of learning the value of goal setting, hard work, and pride in their own accomplishments.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Diligence in my work, attentiveness in my home, faithfulness in my relationships.  

From the learning rooms... 
Junior:  
Bible:    Starting Lech Lecha this week.  Hoping to find graphics and other things to hold their attention.  I felt like our study of Noah went well this past Shabbat, even though we only focused on one part of the parasha.  
English:   Getting ready to start working on his 3rd college English paper and to prepare for a research paper.   
Math:  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.   
Science:   He seems to be doing very well on his own.  So far, so good.  
ACT Prep:  Apparently there is a lot of homework in this class.  Nothing but grumbling going on.  LOL    
Foreign language:   Very proud of how he has picked up Japanese.  

Freshman:  
Bible:  She is very good at listening to the Bible on her own.  
English:   I think I have let this class slip away from me.  I know she's doing the work, but I can't say that I really know what she's doing at the moment.  I need to catch up.  
Math:   Sigh.  
History:   They have finished the rough draft of their NHD script.  Ancient history is another class that I feel I have let slip away from me.  I need to catch up.  
Science:   I can't tell you how much we miss the old the old teacher. 
  
Pondering these words...  Some of the conclusion from our diligent to study on Shabbat to see if we were following the traditions of men on the keeping of biblical time.  On our watches, we have 3 distinct measurements of time, hours, minutes, and seconds.  YHVH has also given us 3 distinct measurements of time, the sun which gives us the hours of the day, the moon which in Scripture is called Rosh Chodesh (Chag Sameach Rosh Chodesh! or Happy new month!  This occurred on Saturday).  The stars or constellations, tell us about the year.  Isa 66:23  “And it shall be that from New Moon to New Moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,” declares יהוה."  The end of the week and the head of the month are like mile markers in time.  They are a call to worship and a reminder that our times are in His hands.    

From the kitchen...   Friend Hubby made an interesting dish of butternut squash and kale that he had tasted in the grocery store.  I can't find a recipe online to duplicate it.  For Shabbat yesterday, I made slow cooker teriyaki chicken.  

Around the house... I was able to get some things done in preparation for the Sabbath to begin.  I felt accomplished!

One of my favorite things...  Incorporating exercise into our schooling again.  This week, we used an app called the 7 Minute Workout and also went for a couple of 30 minute walks in the park with the dog.  They also went to karate this week.  

A peek into my day...

We went on a very local field trip today.  This mill is just a few miles from my house, but we just went to the open house for the first time since we have lived here.     

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments