Donalacasa's Daybook: Monday, June 5, 2017

Outside my window...

We had a DOWNPOUR last night and this afternoon. I need to guard myself against my
mold allergies.

I am thinking...


Ooh my goodness, it's been a while since I got a Daybook out! I tell you, going to school full
time while still guiding a homeschooled high schooler, assisting in ministry, being an attentive
wife, and running a houshold is not for the faint at heart! I am thankful for this summer
"break."

I am thankful...


For so much! I finished this semester with a 3.26 GPA. I won't be able to participate in the
National Honor Society that I was inducted into spring in this coming semester, but at least
Algebra is behind me. HalleluYah! I even made a 70% on the final. That is a miracle in and
of itself. LOL

I am thankful that Yehovah took Friend Hubby and me safely to New Jersey by plane to
surprise my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I haven't been on a plane in about 10 years and
we flew on a no-frills airline with very compacted seats. I had to get my claustrophobia under
control by immersing myself in a book. It was a first for Friend Hubby and me to go on a trip
without children. We left Crown Prince Sanban and Princess Butterfly home alone with The
Grand Duchess on call in case of emergency an hour and a half away. It was wonderful for my
mother-in-law to be able to spend Mother's Day with ALL her children. She has had such a
challenging year in the nursing home and in the hospital. It blessed my father-in-law as well.
I was glad to see the smile on their faces. I always enjoy spending time with my exuberant
sister-in-law as well as talking with our nieces, one who is pregnant with baby boy #3 and the
other who is a major in the Army who is moving back near us soon.

My sister-in-law had news for Friend Hubby as well. She ran into a serious girlfriend of
Friend Hubby's long before we met. She asked my sister-in-law if Friend Hubby was "still
married" because she thinks about him all the time. Knowing that we were about to celebrate
our 30th wedding anniversary, her question tickled me all the way from New Jersey back to
Texas. I wanted to see the look on my children's faces when I told them too. They like
hearing about the girls who DIDN'T get to become Mrs. Friend Hubby. Their shocked wide-
mouthed "No she DIDN'T!" exclamations crack me up!

On the way TO DW, we were able to spend the night at the Naval Lodge. It was
WONDERFUL! We spent the morning on on the beach in Pensacola before continuing the
trip.

I am thankful as well that even though Friend Hubby's car started acting up an hour into the
trip, we were able to turn around, consolidate the luggage (on Crown Prince Sanban's orders),
and squeeze our happy hips into my small car to take the trip. We were cramped, but happy
with a minimum of complaining. The only incident was on the way back we hit SOMETHING
that tore the front quarter panel off the car but did not render the car inoperable. It is in the
repair shop now and hopefully will be as good as new soon.

We were supposed to go to DW last year after all our children's accomplishments, but we
would have been there at the time of the nightclub shooting and the alligator attack on the
little boy. I would have been in emotional pain throughout the trip and would not have been
able to enjoy ourselves. Yah knows what He is doing. Every time the monorail went past the
Grand Floridian where the little boy died, I said a pray for the parents because they are
coming up on the first anniversary and I know that pain personally.

Our family experienced our own little grief moments while there too. Friend Hubby came out
of one of the attractions in tears. He said it came upon him so sudden (I have often said grief
is a booger. It sneaks up behind you to catch you off guard.) There was a song that played
that reminded him of Dancing Angel. I had my moment when passing by the restaurant
called The Garden Grill. In 2002, on our last family trip to DW with Dancing Angel with us,
we only had enough money for one day in the park. A friend from Germany who played in
the band used his discount to help us to do things like buy souvenirs and have a character
dinner at the restaurant. A storm came over the park that night after the wonderful day we
had had. The storm had knocked out the power and we ate some in the dark and by the
backup generator lights. We didn't care! We were so happy about our day. Mickey even
came out to silently apologize. We laughed because we were having such a great time. That
was a gift. We would never go to DW with Dancing Angel again. I don't think I can ever eat
there again. I want to hold that memory in that place.

This trip was so wonderful. Our kids are old enough to go off and do things without us. What a
difference from when we had to park their strollers and find the baby care centers in the
parks to nurse and change diapers. We enjoyed riding the Tower of Terror, Star Wars, and
Test Track. The Tower of Terror is great because it is just an up and down motion. It doesn't
make me sick like rides with lateral shaking like roller coasters. We were blessed several
times with fast passes by Disney cast members that we stopped and chatted with. That
enabled us to ride Soaring in Epcot twice on this trip. The line for Soaring usually averages
2 hours of standing in line. To have been able to get on it twice with no waiting was a blessing.
Our kids got to be among the first ever to ride the new Pandora in Animal Kingdom.

Friend Hubby and I decided that we wanted our children to experience fine dining to the
extreme so that they would never have to feel inferior or affected in any arena. Our wedding
anniversary dinner with our kids present at Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian was
PHENOMENAL! Friend Hubby, The Grand Duchess, and I have been there before, but it was
a first for Crown Prince Sanban and Princess Butterfly. The atmosphere is very dim and quiet
with a beautiful harpist playing familiar instrumental melodies. The 7-course meal was so
creative and artistic. As opulent as it was, there was no discomfort. One of our servers was
from the east coast and he and Friend Hubby got along just fine. My family looked
wonderful, dressed to the nines! Afterward, we posed for pictures while a live band played
"The Way You Look Tonight." Friend Hubby and I created our own dance floor without a
care who watched. This night will forever be in our memories. Speaking of memories, our
children got us an album so that I can get prints made of our beautiful trip. The Grand
Duchess had made the reservations, so she was able to tell them in advance about our
biblically clean eating. They tailor made the menu with no unclean foods or anything that we
are allergic to on our personalized menus. My menu was different than the rest of the family
because I have never liked seafood (clean or unclean). I didn't even have to work around it;
it just wasn't there. In one of my courses, I had a rutabega/turnip layered dish that was
fabulous and I am going to have to try to recreate it one day.


Of course the desert is fabulous, but the most fascinating part of the meal is the very unique
coffee maker they set up at the table.



When we were in New Jersey, we talked to my father-in-law about their family vacations to
Disney World. He started the family tradition. As believers, we were always cautious about
exposure to some of Disney's subliminal themes. Our children didn't grow up to become
necromancers or wizards just because we went to Disney World. For those who have an issue
about spending money there, my recent American History class let me know that money as
currency flows into all of the lowest sewers. Ecclesiastes 2:24-26 "A man could do no
better but to eat and drink, and enjoy himself in his labour! That too, I saw,
was from the hand of Elohim. For who eats or who finds enjoyment without
Him? For He gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to a man who is good in
His eyes. But to the sinner He gives the task of gathering and collecting, to give
to him who is good before Elohim. That too is futile and feeding on wind." I
gained further understanding about this family tradition. For a family that began in the
projects (low-income housing), going to Disney World as a family of 6 and staying on property
in the mid 1970s as a black family was an accomplishment in my father-in-law's mind.
My husband knew the sacrifice and wanted to be able to do the same for his family as well. In
the time since my last Daybook, my last stepfather passed away as well. He is also someone
who came out of extreme poverty. If you have never been delivered from such a position of
lack or need, you won't know what it means to someone to be able to do something that they
once thought impossible. In the past year or so, I have lost a classmate, watched friends in
my age group bury their husband, spoke at the funeral of my homeschool mentor, and feared
that my cousin's life would end before having the opportunity to watch her children become
adults and turned a half century old myself. I decided that the rest of my life is going to be
full of being a blessing to whomever Yah gives me the opportunity to bless (like helping the
woman at DW who was trying to push her Alzheimer-stricken mother in one wheelchair
while pulling another -- being in the right place at the right time so Yah can use me; and
LIVING and enjoying the time and gifts that we have been given. I'm going to take pictures
and not worry about how fat I have gotten. I have had enough of people who are dead while
they live!

I am wearing...


I have started doing some medical transcription again after a 9-month hiatus. Sitting in my
leather chair, I feel I need to wear long shorts or pants so my legs don't stick to the chair.
Nothing was clean so I am actually wearing my long flowing white cotton skirt.

I am reading...


I am trying to CLEP American Literature over the summer, so I am biting into Norton's
Anthology of American Literature. I am wondering if I can try to get through 100 pages per
day. If I could get through that thick world literature book last fall, I feel like I can push
myself through this and then take the test. Unfortunately, the college I went to 30 years ago
was on a quarter-point system rather than semester credit hours so I am just now learning
that many of my core classes will have to be CLEPped or taken again. I am trying to avoid
that. If I can take an online class, I can do this myself.

I am listening to....


On Shavuot, I watched House of Israel's service out of North Carolina. It was a blessing to
tune in to another's ministry's teaching.

I am watching...


I have completed the last season of Call the Midwife. I also finally saw the movie "The Queen."
I think I may try watching the Netflix series "The Crown." I started it, but never went back
to it.

I am looking forward to...


In Disney World, we walked SO MUCH! We averaged 7 miles a day in the park. I had good
shoes, but I still ended up getting blisters on my feet. I have got to gain that energy again. I
know Ella would love to be taken on long walks. Right before we left, I walked 30 minutes
with her instead of my usual 15-20. She was deconditioned too! That's not good for either of
us. I am also proud of my eating choices while on vacation. I had some really good salads
while on vacation. I need to recreate those at home. I am trying to get my energy level back
up. I feel that I am doing a good job in going to bed (mostly) at a decent hour. Getting a
good night of sleep is so essential to good productivity the next day and actually doing the
things I am desirous to do.

One of my favorite things...


Being greeted by Ella upon our return. This was the longest that she was ever in the "pet
resort." She wasn't happy at having to be taken directly to the dog wash before coming home.

A few plans for the rest of the week...


Helping Princess Butterfly get ready for two separate camps. She is going to Girls State and
then coming home for less than 24 hours and going to Business Camp. I am so thankful
because both of these camps are like scholarships for her. We have not had to pay a dime for
them and they are right in line with Princess Butterfly's goals in life. Praying that she stays
healthy during both camps!

Blessings!

Comments

  1. Being a wife,mom,friend, in ministry, and homeschooling keeps me more than busy,can't imagine going to school in addition to that! Great job keep up the great work! Blessings Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great win with school! Wooohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soma Pill has known for its treatment in acute pain. This oral medicine helps to overcome pain from muscles instantly. A person suffering from muscle pain can take Soma Pill for instant relief from pain. Buy Soma Pill online from Online Pharmacy Pills.

    Buy Soma pill Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment