Monday, December 28, 2015

This is my prayer.  Make me faithful... no matter what.

Outside my window...  The temperature has gone from sunny and mid 70s to cloudy and cold in a matter of hours.  

I am thinking...  December 25th only means one thing for Friend Hubby and me.  For us, it is one of the saddest days of our year.  It is the birthday of our Dancing Angel.  This year would have been her 26th birthday.  She left us at 13.  From here on out, she will have been gone longer than we had her with us.  Friend Hubby and I went to the cemetery alone this year.  He polishes the plaque and it's surrounding marble while I arrange the flowers.  I found a big hydrangea this year.  We call them hortensias, which are what they are called on the island where Dancing Angel was born.  I don't know how I would bear this year after year without Friend Hubby.  She made us parents.  The first "Mama" and "Daddy" we ever heard were from her lips.  The uproar and shenanigans of our other 3 bring us joy but there is always a hole for us.  My greatest comfort is to know that one other person in this world understands my heart so completely on this matter.  I am so thankful that we have had one another to lean on these past 13 years.  I don't have to say a word; he just knows.        


On my personal FB page, I posted a couple of videos of Dancing Angel's dancing.  I hadn't watched the videos in many years because none of our VCRs work any more.  This summer, I had a copy of a VHS put on DVD and then uploaded the videos to YouTube.  It has been a great comfort to me to watch them again.  To see her alive, healthy, moving, dancing.  Someone posted a video on FB of people "praise dancing" on hoverboards in the church.  Really?  The other day I watched a show on the Hebrew Roots Network where they were teaching Hebraic dance.  Sanban has been gifted in learning and teaching us Hebraic dance.  I am certain Dancing Angel would have embraced it as well.  I can certainly see her doing the New War Dance.  I remember us just making up dance steps to songs from the Prince of Egypt.  As a matter of fact, I choreographed a dance for Dancing Angel and The Grand Duchess to do at Friend Hubby's Air Force retirement ceremony and our last service at our church in Okinawa.  It was that dance that got the attention of Dancing Angel's praise dance instructor and mentor once we moved back stateside.  The girls told me she cried when they did it for her. 

After I posted the video, I remembered that many of the homeschool moms I have met and were part of a homeschool group together had never met Dancing Angel.  They had only heard me talk about her.  Posting the video was a way of introducing them to the daughter they had never met.  
Dancing Angel

I am thankful... That The Grand Duchess is able to get away for a few days on a university trip before her last semester of graduate school.  Praying for safety and good weather all the way there and back!  

I am wearing... Pilates pants, long-sleeved T shirt, and a velour jacket, all of which need to be replaced soon.  They're wearing out.  

I am creating...  I did a LOT of work on the shawl over the past week.  I have added my last skein to it, I believe.  

I am reading... Praying the News: Your Prayers Are More Powerful than You Know by Wendy Griffith (9%).  This is what I started reading on Shabbat to try to stay off of social media.  

We have started reading An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro (12%).  This is a part of the reading list for Hewitt Homeschooling's Lightning Lit English course on World Literature.  

I only read a little of Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House by Cheryl Mendelson (6%).  At the moment, I am reading about setting the stage for a meal with an inviting tablescape.  Of course, I've got a Pinterest board called Dishes and Tablescapes.  I need to actually put it into practice more often.    

I have not read any of Fascinating Womanhood by Helen Andelin (20%)  at all this week.  

I am not as close to being done with Nella Last's War: The Second World War Diaries of Housewife, 49  by Nella Last (69%) as I thought I was.  I think I'm ready to move on to something else, so I need to finish it quickly.  I may go to the library this evening.  

I am watching...  I spoke in Shabbat about how disappointed I was in the attitude and bitter complaining spirit I saw demonstrated in some of my Hebrew roots/Messianic brethren over this past season.  I've been there, so I can certainly understand it, but I think all the griping about it just further alienates them from being able to share the truth with their families.  I felt this brother gave a good message on the attitude we should have.  The message displays both GRACE for those who are still caught up in the "Christmas spirit" and TRUTH about what's wrong with it.  Let me say that I don't agree with everything he teaches on every subject, but I do feel that he did a good job with this video.  
   
Man-made festivals like Christmas and Easter have none of the spiritual and prophetic significance of true biblical Feast Days.  Right now, the god of this age has deceived the entire world into celebrating Christmas with all its pagan and unrighteous symbols.  In Isaiah 66, when the Messiah will reign, we see the entire world celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles.  I pray that my readers will learn to be like Abel and give to our Creator the worship that is due Him (in Spirit and in TRUTH), and not like Cain, just giving Him what THEY think He should have.  

I am listening to... This song is reverberating in my First Nation genes.  <3 



I am looking forward to... The Grand Duchess coming back from her trip.  It feels good when our family is all sleeping under the same roof.  After this semester, I don't know how frequently that's going to happen again.  

From the learning rooms...   
Senior:  Progress on the Eagle project!  There's a light at the end of the tunnel, even if we are down to crunch time.  

Sophomore:  While The Grand Duchess is away for a few days, we're going to get back to trying to get ahead in math.    
  
Noticing that...  Even with the time taken off this semester for Sukkot, The Grand Duchess and Sanban still managed to get 4.0 with their college classes and Princess Butterfly did well too.  It just goes to show what a blessing being on our Father's calendar is.       

Pondering these words...  
  

From the kitchen...  The Grand Duchess and I were talking about how we have all these pins on Pinterest but rarely make anything from them.  Trying to get back to Friday nights being "sandwich night,"  she made us some wonderful Grilled Cheese With Tomato And Pesto sandwiches.  

Nothing makes me turn to the kitchen faster than cold weather.  After a brief shopping trip, I stayed in the kitchen all Sunday.  I made chili, cornbread, lemon bars, and some breakfast tacos for the freezer.  At the store, I bought lots of chicken and beef broth because it is most certainly soup season now.  I have two soup boards on Pinterest.  As a reminder, we eat biblically kosher, not rabinically kosher.  Some recipes that I have pinned may have meat and dairy mixed together and we don't have a problem with that.  If you see something on my board that is not kosher, know that it is because I have a good substitute.  For example, if you see anything with bacon, I am either using turkey bacon or beef bacon.  If you see something with ham, I am using smoked turkey.  Sausage is substituted for turkey sausage.

Donalacasa's Soup Pinterest board.  Donalacasa's Slow Cooker Soup Pinterest board.  I'd love to hear if you find a great recipe on my boards.  
    
Around the house...  Since both of my jobs are clinic work, when the well ran dry, I got some cleaning done.  I managed to get another bag full of old clothes out of the house.  My closet is very large and it has been the catch-all for old clothes, toys, karate belts, etc.  Do you know I leaned on something and heard "Ha ha ha.  That tickles!"  Yes, Tickle Me Elmo is still alive and well after all these years.  With the temperature change and the rain, I cleaned the inside of my kitchen windows.  Before the rain came, they were looking pretty bad.     

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *

Find me on Facebook.

Comments