Monday, November 23, 2015


Outside my window... It's too cold for me!  It's 55 degrees at noon.  I am moving slower and slower in the mornings now.  I need a coffee maker next to my bed.  

I am thinking... I'm late with my Day Book because I was on the phone with my aunt for over an hour.  I'm thankful because growing up I was always close to her and then family drama kept us from one another for a few years and I missed her.  I'm thankful that only Yehovah knows how to restore broken relationships.  People try, but they always mess things up.  I had this conversation with Princess Butterfly the other day.  What if Jacob had returned before Esau had an opportunity to cool down.  Even when he came to meet Jacob he still brought 400 men with him.  Even after the restoration, they still didn't dwell together even though Jacob told Esau he would follow him later.  Sometimes distance = peace.  Friend Hubby talked about that this past Shabbat.  The name of the 3rd well that Isaac dug meant "spaciousness."  

I am thankful... For my Friend Hubby being blessed to see another year and tomorrow his mother as well.  I'm praying that Yehovah will strengthen his mom to the extent that she will be able to move out of the nursing home and back home with the assistance of a home health aid.  I wish there was some way I could hire a nursing student from a nursing school nearby to come and check on her during the time that my sister-in-law or father-in-law is not able to come.  I remember when I was in nursing school at 19.  I could have used the extra money and references.  Plus, you know me.  I love to sit and talk with the elderly anyway.   

I am wearing... Velour pants that need to be replaced (but they're comfortable), and a really old sweatshirt (but it's warm).  

I am creating... Not much knitting over this past week but I'm so happy because I found my favorite cable needle on the floor of my car!  I've been using another, but I have grown to like the hook shaped one better.  

I am reading...  I don't think I've read anything this past week.  I started watching an old drama on YouTube.  I need to TRY to limit myself to an episode a night so that I can still read.  I was supposed to be knitting while watching but I haven't done that either.  

I am watching... I watched Good Eats Season 1 - Pasta.  

I also listened to the true love story between Christian Women's Bible teacher Nancy Leigh DeMoss and her new husband called Unexpected Grace.  It was really beautiful.        

One of my favorite things... Going to see the exhibit that The Grand Duchess set up at a museum.  I am so proud!  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Not only am I late getting started on my Day Book, but I'm late getting to work!  I know there probably won't be any work to be had on Thursday and Friday, so I'm going to have to start acting like the early bird and get to these reports before others do.      

From the learning rooms... 
Senior:  After nice mommy had to step away for a minute, I saw some progress on his big project he has to do.  I can't let up now!  He set up a meeting and conducted himself very professionally, even at work this week.  I'm so proud.  Being my only son, I would definitely be tempted to spoil him, but for one Friend Hubby wouldn't allow it and number two, I have had too up close and personal experiences with men in my life who never grew up.  Coming into their senior years, they are still making excuses.  We didn't want that for our son.  As much as I miss my little boy, I have to encourage his manhood (taking on difficult -- not mediocre -- tasks and completing them, keeping his word, managing his responsibilities, learning to communicate respectfully, etc.).  When he turned 13, he read Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations.  Since that time, he has earned his 2nd and 3rd degree black belts in Tae Kwon Do, earned the Civil Air Patrol's Mitchell Award.  His final BIG accomplishment before graduating high school is his Boy Scout Eagle.  I am already very proud of his accomplishments, but I never want him to look back and say, "I shoulda, coulda, woulda..."       

Sophomore:  She did a great job catching up with chemistry last week.  They work for the same restaurant and have been offered extra hours this week.  They are both thankful for that but I am still going to require some math to be done.  

Pondering these words...  
  
Listening to Unexpected Grace reminded me of my own love story with Friend Hubby.  I have a friend who tells MY story to people.  I have to tell my children not to judge their own lives by MY story!  Yehovah will write their OWN story and it will be beautiful (and He's probably tired of me asking Him to get started already).  LOL  



From the kitchen...  Friend Hubby wanted a waffle iron for his birthday.  It's funny that with my small kitchen appliance addiction (yes, I admit it), I never desired a waffle iron.  Well, of course I had to find the PERFECT Waffle recipe.  There were some that came with it, but I think Allrecipes.com is fabulous.  This is the one that we've been making.  I love that I can make the mix and since he leaves so much earlier than I am able to pry myself up, he can just make himself a waffle just like when we go on vacation and stay at LaQuinta.  

Around the house...  I have really fallen off the wagon that I was so faithfully on over the summer.  It's not that I don't clean, it's just that I'm not doing as much as I was over the summer.  Sanban, on the other hand, is in full cleaning and decluttering mode.  I guess it doesn't hit us all at the same time.    

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ *


Find me on Facebook.

Comments

  1. 1) Which drama are you watching?
    2) I *love* Good Eats!
    3) So wonderful that The Grand Duchess is seeing her dreams come ever more true. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment