Daybook: Monday, December 1, 2014


Outside my window... 45 degrees with a light drizzle.  December, you should know better than to start the month off this way with me..

I am thankful...  Heard a praise report first thing this morning from a friend whose daughter I have been praying for since Sukkot.  Prayer is such a powerful weapon against the enemy!  Yesterday morning was frustrating for work.  In the afternoon, I prayed before each hour of work and did SO well!  

I am wearing... Sweats and an old shirt.  

I am creating... Today is my oldest living family member's 80th birthday.  I wish I could knit faster.  There are so many people I would love to make gifts for.  Sigh.  Still working on the black mitered squares for my daughter's blanket.  

I am reading... Science Shows Something Surprising About People Who Still Read Fiction.  I was busy so I didn't read much last week.  I have read 22% of it.  I am reading Lord, Change Me by Evelyn Christianson.  I I have read 43% of it.  I have set a goal of  reading Colossians 3 every day for a month.  Some of my sisters have joined me and we are posting on Facebook the verses that are standing out to us that day.     

I am listening to.... Saying No to Destructive Thoughts by Jennifer Rothschild.   

I am looking forward to... Our postponed Mishpacha Meal on the 13th.  

One of my favorite things... Having a friend that I will call Sister Creek Don't Rise (she knows who she is) that I can share a most intimate and personal prayer request and have that prayer answered, even though she would like to tease me about an alternate outcome.  LOL

A few plans for the rest of the week:      

From the learning rooms... Everyone is late getting started this morning.  I've got to work on getting them back on schedule.  
  
Noticing that... There are only two groups of people on the earth, those who submit to Elohim and those who rebel against Him.  Those who submit to Him avoid what Paul's letter to the Galatians speaks of as works of the flesh, 
Gal 5:19-21 - "And the works of the flesh are well-known, which are these: adultery, whoring, uncleanness, indecency, idolatry, drug sorcery, hatred, quarrels, jealousies, fits of rage, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, envy, murders, drunkenness, wild parties, and the like – of which I forewarn you, even as I also said before, that those who practise such as these shall not inherit the reign of Elohim."   
DISSENSION, noun [Latin , to think.] Disagreement in opinion, usually a disagreement which is violent, producing warm debates or angry words; contention in words; strife; discord; quarrel; breach of friendship and union. 

FACTION, noun [Latin factio, from facio, to make or do.]
1. A party, in political society, combined or acting in union, in opposition to the prince, government or state; usually applied to a minority, but it may be applied to a majority. sometimes a state is divided into factions nearly equal. Rome was almost always disturbed by factions. Republics are proverbial for factions, and factions in monarchies have often effected revolutions.
2. Tumult; discord; dissension.
Colossians 3:1-3 ISR98 - "If, then, you were raised with Messiah, seek the matters which are above, where Messiah is, seated at the right hand of Elohim. Mind the matters above, not those on the earth. For you have died, and your life has been hidden with Messiah in Elohim."      
Pondering these words...  Isaac's blessing over Jacob was spiritual over physical, 
Genesis 27:28 ISR98 - "And Elohim give you of the dew of the heavens, of the fatness of the earth, and plenty of grain and wine."  
Isaac's blessing over Esau was physical over spiritual, 
Genesis 27:39 ISR98 - "And Yitsḥaq his father answered and said to him, “See, your dwelling is of the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of the heavens from above."  
Jacob was given the blessings of #1 heaven, #2 earth.  Esau was given #1 earth, #2 heaven.  Am I seeking the blessings of Yah from #1 heaven, #2 earth or #1 earth, #2 heaven?  

From the kitchen... We stopped celebrating the American holiday of Thanksgiving a few years ago.  Not that we don't have a lot to be thankful for.  I have learned to be thankful for holiday pay on my job by working that day.  LOL.  I was sharing with Sister Do Bee that preparing for Sukkot took on the emotions that we use to have associated with Thanksgiving.  I'm thinking of doing that type of meal next year for Shemini Atzeret at the end of Sukkot next year.  We plan to be camping, but we can cook in advance and freeze it.  We still love to serve people by cooking and in the past have just moved the big meal to Shabbat after service, but this year we bought all the food and most of the people who usually come to our annual Mishpacha (Family) Meal were going out of town.  We decided to postpone it for a couple of weeks.  

I tried a new bread recipe last night, but I haven't tasted it yet.  
OUR FAVORITE HOMEMADE SANDWICH BREAD

I found some organic canned peaches at our new crunchy grocery store.  I made a quick and easy dessert.  Microwave Peach Crisp.  It was REALLY good. 
  
Around the house... I cleaned a couple of box fans, simply because I was tired of looking at the dirt on them from constant use over the summer, but my husband commented that he felt they were actually working more effectively after cleaning.  Hmm.  I've got a couple of fans upstairs to work on too.  

One of my favorite things... NFL’s Benjamin Watson on Ferguson: ‘It’s Not a Skin Problem, It’s a Sin Problem’  There were many things I had to say about it, but I deleted them all in favor of someone who spoke so eloquently on the subject.    

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments