Daybook: Monday, November 17, 2014

Outside my window... At 7:45 p.m., it is 39 degrees.  The overnight low is going to be 24 degrees.  This is putting to the test the Scripture that says, "When it snows, she has no fear for her household;   since all of them are doubly clothed."  Proverbs 31:21 CJB  I'm really working on a sunny disposition in this kind of weather.  

I am thinking... About how much Dr. Myles Munroe's sudden death affected me.  I haven't listened to his teachings in almost 20 years, but the messages that I remember stuck with me.  Knowing your purpose and not wasting your time here on earth was something that I was reminded of.  Another was that a spirit without a body is illegal on the earth.  The spirit realm works through people.  I've got to position myself, "while it is yet night," and "a great while before day," if I want to allow the Ruach HaChodesh (Holy Spirit) to have full access of me so that I can be used by Him, and so that I can request His presence in the lives of my family, my worship community, and my nation.  I had been getting up at 6:45 a.m. to pray, but Abba let me know that even that was not enough time.  I now get up at 6:00 a.m.  

I am thankful... I got to be a socialized homeschool mom and go on 2 play dates with my friends this week.  

I am wearing... A velour warm up suit and a long-sleeved T.  This is my favorite casual outfit.  I've got to get more of these!  

I am creating... I've finished a couple of more squares, the black ones that go around the border.  Knitting club is this Friday.  I'm going to show my two squares and the lady who sat next to me is going to show her entire new winter wardrobe.  LOL

I am reading... I have read 19% of the Impeachment of Abraham Lincoln.  I love how GoodReads tells you the percentage you've read.  I'm sure no one is as excited by that as I am.  LOL

I am learning... Some of my notes from recent study.  
Genesis 18:19 ISR98 - “For I have known him, so that he commands his children and his household after him, to guard the way of יהוה, to do righteousness and right-ruling, so that יהוה brings to Aḇraham what He has spoken to him.”

WAY - רך , derek, deh'-rek, From H1869; a road (as trodden); figuratively a course of life or mode of action, often adverbially
1. way, road, distance, journey, manner
a. road, way, path
b. journey
c. direction
d. manner, habit, way
e. of course of life (fig.)
f. of moral character (fig.)
Origin: from H1869
TWOT: 453a
Parts of Speech: Noun Masculine

DO JUSTICE - ה , tse dâqâh , tsed-aw-kaw' , From H6663; rightness (abstractly), subjectively (rectitude), objectively (justice), morally (virtue) or figuratively (prosperity)
1. justice, righteousness
a. righteousness (in government)
1. of judge, ruler, king
2. of law
3. of Davidic king Messiah
b. righteousness (of God's attribute)
c. righteousness (in a case or cause)
d. righteousness, truthfulness
e. righteousness (as ethically right)
f. righteousness (as vindicated), justification, salvation
1. of God
2. prosperity (of people)
g. righteous acts

RIGHT RULING - משׁפּט , mishpâṭ , mish-pawt' , From H8199; properly a verdict (favorable or unfavorable) pronounced judicially, especially a sentence or formal decree (human or (particularly) divine law, individual or collectively), including the act, the place, the suit, the crime, and the penalty; abstractly justice, including a particular right, or privilege (statutory or customary), or even a style
1. act of deciding a case 
2. place, court, seat of judgment 
3. process, procedure, litigation (before judges)
4. case, cause (presented for judgment) 
5. sentence, decision (of judgment) 
6. execution (of judgment) 
7. time (of judgment) 
b. justice, right, rectitude (attributes of God or man) 
c. ordinance 
d. decision (in law) 
e. right, privilege, due (legal) 
f. proper, fitting, measure, fitness, custom, manner, plan
Origin: from H8199
TWOT: 2443c

Parts of Speech: Noun Masculine

One of my favorite things... Chocolate eclairs and hot chocolate at La Madeleine and getting to sit by the fireplace for HOURS having a "women's conference."   

From the learning rooms... We've had some great successes and some steps backwards.  Overall, I think our schedule is working well.  We've had a lot of distractions, but defaulting back to our basic schedule when we are done.  

Pondering these words...  From Chuck Swindoll in a message called "Deepening our Roots with God":  "If greed is the demon of money, if lust is the demon of sex, if pride is the demon of power, speed is the demon of depth."  

Isn't that the truth?  We can't rush through studying and expect to get an A.  We can't rush into a relationship and expect to really know that person.  We can't run on a hike and expect to absorb the beauty of the scenery around us.  We can't rush through pray and find the peace and assurance to know that our prayers have been heard.  We can't rush through a Bible study and expect the Word to stick to our soul.      

Baked Chicken Wings  FAB-U-LOUS!!!

Around the house... Very good housecleaning week.  I felt like I was getting somewhere.  

One of my favorite things... My Diva came home for the weekend!!!  <3  <3  <3
   

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments