Donalacasa's Daybook: Monday, September 24, 2018

Style Me Pretty | Gallery | Picture | #24160

Outside my window...
The temperatures have dropped but it is so incredibly humid outside it feels like going into
a steamy shower just walking out the door. I am thinking...
It's finally fall. Sorry that I've been missing in action. I started at a new university to work
on my bachelor's degree and the transition has been a challenge. Not too hard, but
definitely a challenge. I am thankful...
That the Fall Feast Season is here. We are not able to go away for Sukkot as we have for the past few years. That makes me sad, but I am thankful for all that Yah has done for us and hopefully we will be able to have a family camp next year. I am also thankful that we are in a season of meeting other community leaders around the country. I hope one day we will be able to have a large gathering. I am wearing...
My gym attire. Princess Butterfly and I have been making an effort to go to the gym for a minimum of 30 minutes every day after school. An hour is stressful because we think about all the homework that we have to get done, but not going at all is also stressful because we know that there are some health challenges that can be tempered by regular exercise. I am creating...
In my head, I am creating my doctoral thesis. Friend Hubby encouraged me to just go ahead and get a PhD in history after getting my BA. The other day, The Grand Duchess was talking to me about her material culture professor and telling me about how I could write about my favorite subject: DISHES! I mentioned it today to my adviser who is also my African American history professor this semester and he got me thinking about my two favorite grandmothers and comparing the dishes in each of their cabinets with their different life experiences as African American women. I am so ready to get it done that I feel like getting started on it tonight. LOL I am reading...
I am about 72% done with Above the East China Sea. Initially, I wasn't crazy about it because it tries to accurately demonstrate the language and dialog of military brats left to themselves (I can do without all the F-bombs), but the story evolves into two story lines, 50-60 years apart. I lived on Okinawa for 5 years without knowing much of its history, particularly its history with the Japanese. My heart breaks for what they had to go through, especially during World War II. I am hoping...
To be creative and make Sukkot joyous this year, even if it's just Friend Hubby, Princess Butterfly, and Ella celebrating together this year.

One of my favorite things...
Sanban came home just briefly on Sunday. Last week was a very difficult week for me (not including the Yom Kippur fast). There was just so much stress, one thing after another. Seeing my son, however briefly was definitely a high point. I wish it could have been for longer. Looking at my young adult children, I often stare at them. Something in me must be trying to recognize the children they were in their adult faces. My son was busy trying to have Friend Hubby do something to the car and packing up a shelf from his room to stand still long enough for me to stare at him. I will probably see him again in a couple of weeks when I take Princess Butterfly up their for a prospective student weekend event. I'll stare at him then. LOL

The Grand Duchess is traveling this week so I won't be able to stare at her for a bit either. LOL A few plans for the rest of the week...
I've got a reading I've got to get done tomorrow morning and a paper due by tomorrow night. From the learning rooms...
I am NOT enjoying my philosophy and ethics class. There. I said it. Pondering these words...
Shabbat service was great this past week! I had to encourage myself in Yah, right there on camera. You can watch my transition as I spoke. Friend Hubby broke down the 3 Magii deception. It was wonderful.

Around the house...
It would be nice if I could build a backyard sukkah like this, wouldn't it?


Shalom and blessings!

Comments