Daybook: Monday, April 20, 2015

Outside my window... Is the grave of a family member.  Our beloved dog Jazz who was 16-1/2 years old passed away this weekend.  We will miss his stubborn orneriness.  I remember the day he was born.  We'd only just learned that his mother, Cotton, was pregnant the day before.  She was 10 years old and we just thought she was getting fat.  Jazz was born the very next day.  Jazz is the reason that our son got his very first cell phone.  He had gone off to look for Jazz who in his middle years apparently had the desire to roam the earth because he would escape from the backyard every chance he got and our son would have to go chase after him. I can't tell you how many times one of us said, "If he doesn't come back, he can just stay out there then," but we would never stop looking for him.  He always came running to me when I called, even if he didn't come for anyone else.  That's the thing about dogs.  No matter how angry you are with them, they always love you anyway.  We could learn a lot from them.    


This is Jazz with our dachshund Ella.  

I am thinking... That maybe when your children (including your 17-year-old son) tell you that you haven't published a daybook in a while, then perhaps it has definitely been too long since the last issue.  LOL

I am thankful... The Grand Duchess has been blessed beyond measure.  Something that she has desired since she was a little girl is coming to fruition and the way that it is happening is mind-blowing.  Psalm 118:23 ISR98 - "This was from יהוה, It is marvelous in our eyes." 

Also, a prayer request for a health issue that Princess Butterfly has been having for nearly a year was answered.  Lowering our carbohydrate intake has definitely contributed to it.  

I am wearing... Pajama pants and a T-shirt.  I have to go out of the house today so I'm waiting until I get off work to get dressed.  

I am creating... Not much knitting happened last week.  

I am going... To a doctor's appointment.  Prayers are appreciated for a good report.  

I am reading... I am at 12% in Tramp for the Lord by Corrie Ten Boom, and 58% of The Moor's Account by Laila Lamlmi.  


I am hoping... To continue my workout routine that I started last week, 30 minutes on the treadmill, followed by one of these 5-Minute Workouts.  

I am looking forward to... A road trip this summer.  Every fiber of my being is saying, "Escape!"  

I am learning... To let go.  One of our mishpacha is leaving.  I am happy for her, as Yehovah has answered her prayers, but sad because she is leaving.  

One of my favorite things... Video chatting with The Grand Duchess on Sunday evenings.  It brings our family closer together while she's away.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I kind of blew it budget wise the last time I got paid.  I plan to be more disciplined this week.      

From the learning rooms... Last week, I took off Thursday morning.  It was wonderful.  I actually got to teach my kids!  I missed it and they did too.  Will definitely be doing this more often.  

Junior:  Has challenged Princess Butterfly to a productivity faceoff.  We'll see how they do.  :-)  

Freshman:  Gearing up for NHD competition.  She's the only one on her team who has scored an interview.  Woot!.    

We are at 53% of Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.  We also started working together on an Economics textbook.  

From the kitchen...  I went to Trader Joe's on my last shopping trip and got some unusual frozen vegetable combinations.  Princess Butterfly are going carb-free on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays so that will be extra veggies to eat.  Sam's Club has opened up close to me.  I walked around yesterday just to get a feel of what I may buy from there.  Some things are just better at Costco.    

Around the house...   Our next-door neighbor was moving and he gave us a pretty nice sofa sleeper.  Now I just need a bucket of paint to started decorating around it's color scheme.  Also, I bought a new mop bucket.  Yay for progress!  

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook.


Comments