Daybook, Monday, March 29, 2015


Outside my window... SOOO much pollen.  Today is cloudy and 69.  

I am thinking... I read an article called A Low Carbohydrate Diet May Cause Low Mood.  I could use some prayer because I don't get paid until the end of this week to buy any B vitamins or selenium that a friend had suggested for the sleep issues I have been having.  I am FEELING really depressed.  I am trying really hard not to be swayed by my feelings.  I don't trust my thoughts right now.  Princess Butterfly and I went for a walk in the sunshine the other day.  That seemed to clear it up THAT day, but it feels like it just returned the next day.  

I am thankful... My birthday was last week.  My Grand Duchess bought me flowers (sunflowers, of course) and a gift card to my favorite accessory store.  Friend Hubby took me out to a Brazilian restaurant that made it so easy to continue on Phase 1 of South Beach Diet.  Nothing but meat and veggies for me.  My Boy Wonder took me out to eat at my favorite restaurant, La Madeleine, again, not hard to just have meat and veggies.  We sat in my favorite spot near the fireplace.  It was so nice to spend time with him alone, as he's almost man-grown and I feel him slipping away from me.  A couple of months ago, I had sent him 21 Questions Your Son Really Needs You to Ask.  He never had time to do it in writing, so he laid his phone in front of me as we began to eat and said, "Ask" (he's so bossy).  I only had two surprises from the list, which I feel fortunate about because I kind of pride myself on knowing my children well.  I was also happy that there was nothing awkward or uncomfortable about it.  He has no inhibitions about talking to his mom.  :-)   

I am wearing... Comfy clothes to work in.  

I am creating... Little bit of knitting.  

I am reading... I didn't do much reading last week, but I picked up a biography of Queen Victoria from the library.  It's really thick.  I have to find time to squeeze some reading in before bed.  

I am listening to.... A 20-year-old video of my husband opening up the church service in prayer.  :-)  At then end of the choir processional, my Dancing Angel is on of the littlest ones in the gold robes.  

   

I am looking forward to... Ezra 6:22 - "And they performed the Festival of Unleavened Bread seven days with joy, for יהוה caused them to rejoice, and turned the heart of the sovereign of Ashshur toward them, to strengthen their hands in the work of the House of Elohim, the Elohim of Yisra’ĕl." 

2 Chronicles 30:23 - "And all the assembly took counsel to perform another seven days, and they performed it another seven days with joy."

Given my recent low mood, even though I know it's due to the change in diet, I am looking forward to celebrating with joy over this next week.  I FEEL as if I have to stir it up from the bottom of the pot.   

I am learning... How the traditions of man have twisted the truth about the death, burial, and resurrection of The Messiah.  

One of my favorite things... A good chart if you are learning to celebrate biblical holidays.  





From the learning rooms... Busy, busy, busy.   
  
Noticing that... Due to it being THAT time of the month, I don't feel as if I am seeing much change in my body.  The scale is only showing that I lost 1 pound, but I am definitely bloated.       

From the kitchen... Friday is going to be shopping day.  I'm looking forward to planning for our Feast Days.    

Around the house... The purging mood is definitely in the air.  I am listening to podcasts and reading blogs, but the only time I have to do anything is in the evening.  I'm trying to beat my evening tiredness and clean anyway, even if I have to stop frequently for breaks.  

One of my favorite things... Going to try out for Wheel of Fortune.  My name didn't get called, but it was something different to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Meeting an 85-year-old lady in the library and chatting like we'd known each other for years.  We hugged twice before departing.  She told me to go look up her story.  I found it on the internet.  I was so blessed because she has been through some very hard things in life, but she has DEFINITELY not lost her joy.  Meeting her was a gift!      

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook.

Comments