Donalacasa's Daybook: Wednesday, March 18, 2020


Outside my window...
The park across the street only has two bluebonnets growing in it. That's our state flower. We have lived here for 20 years and we don't know why there are not more growing. If we are making a list of things to do once this is all over, scattering the edges of the field (safe from mowers) with bluebonnet seeds needs to be on the list.

I am thankful...
Our friends and family are safe. We have all that we need. I am wearing...
The clothes that usually remain in my gym bag during the week. They are soft and comfortable. I am going...
To be in a webinar all Friday. I'm looking forward to it. I am trying to fill up my days.
Pondering these words...
Affirmations | 10 Daily Affirmations for women needing self-confidence, self-love, and Jesus. #selflove words of wisdom #quotes Around the house...
I got rid of some old financial paperwork from my Girl Scout troop. You're supposed to keep the financial reports for 5-7 years.
My self-care...
I woke up later than usual. My alarm wasn't set but my body is used to waking up at 6:30 a.m. I fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 8 a.m. My day was off from there. By the afternoon, my anxiety was THERE. I did another Zumba Strong video. One thing that I have learned about myself over the past couple of months is that I can do hard workouts. I can sweat. My body is not old and precious. It's strong and I want to keep it that way. I have said before that after I leave a Les Mills BodyPump class, I feel like a warrior princess. Think of how I will feel if I let that be the first thing I do in the morning. Also, working out takes my heart rate up in a good way. Anxiety takes my heart rate up in a bad way. I don't need that right now. I finished it off with some active stretching, then walked around the block with my Princess Butterfly. Tomorrow, hopefully I will sleep well and do that in the morning along with my Scripture reading.

I also spent more time in prayer today. My initial response to current events is paralysis. We had our congregational prayer last night. It was wonderful. Prayer breaks up those hard places in me so that my prayers can flow freely.

We are sleeping deeper at night because Friend Hubby and I both have Pink Noise on YouTube playing all night. It hasn't helped us to sleep longer; stress can wake you up out of sound sleep, but it makes a short night of sleep more restorative.

Shalom and blessings!

Comments