Daybook: Monday, January 19, 2015



Outside my window... It is unusually beautiful for January.  The sun is setting and it is 65 degrees and clear.  

I am thinking... Perhaps you noticed my picture of the wilted sunflowers?  That is pretty much how I feel right now.  This is a difficult time of the year for me.  Between December 25th, my Dancing Angel's birth, and January 15th, the anniversary of her death, followed closely by the anniversary of the death of my maternal grandmother that I was very close to who died the morning of my daughter's funeral on January 20th, and the anniversary of my mother's death two days later on January 22nd, I am usually resembling what I probably look like on roller coasters (I hate roller coasters).  My hands grip the bar in front or any appendage of the person sitting closest to me, my lips are pulled in to the point that my face looks edentulous, and my mind is wondering how long this ride has to last so I can GET OFF.  

In addition to that, though I am thankful I have a job, the past 18 days of working for this company have begun to fester a deep seated hatred.  It is time for us to part ways.  I began the process of testing for another company today.  I am planning on this next job to be the LAST medical transcription company that I ever work for.  

I am thankful... For the care and concern of friends and family who have called and messaged to let me know they are praying my family through this week.  THANK YOU!  

I am wearing... An old sweater and velour sweat pants.  

I am creating... I have created a Facebook page for what I plan to grow into a full fledge service to every woman I can possibly reach with encouragement in our lives as women.  If you haven't liked the page already, please do so.  Donalacasa:  The Lady of the House.  You can also follow me on Twitter.  

I am reading... I finished The Impeachment of Abraham Lincoln by Stephen L. Carter.  LOVED IT!  I gave it 4/5 stars because it would have ended differently if it had been written by a woman.  :-)  I have read 15% of A Woman's Call to Prayer by Elizabeth George.  I started Sapphire's Grave by Hilda Gurley-Highgate.  I have read 3% of it and I don't know if I will finish it because I don't really like it so far.      

I am listening to.... Pandora has a station called "Dinner Party Music."  I love to listen to it while I'm reading before bed.  It plays all my favorites, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, and Etta James.  What can I say?  I'm an old soul when it comes to listening to music for entertainment.  

I am hoping... To start work at a new transcription company before the end of the week. 

I am looking forward to... To Rosh Chodesh this week.  


Why is this important?  There is a great article in Wikibooks that details the significance of Rosh Chodesh.  

While the entire world paid homage to the calendar of Pope Gregory on January 1st.  January (in Latin, Ianuarius) is named after Janus, the Roman god of beginnings and transitions; the name has its beginnings in Roman mythology, coming from the Latin word for door (ianua) since January is the door to the year.  This just gets back to the issue of how believers are still being deceived by the enemy.  It echos what Satan asked Eve in the Garden.  Did God/Yehovah say....?  In this case, did Yah say that January 1st was the beginning of the year?  According to the Scripture, Yah says that the beginning of the year is in the spring, 14 days before Passover.  Revelation 12:9 says that Satan deceives the WHOLE WORLD.  The whole world sets themselves against the almighty when they determine that man is better able to keep time than Yehovah is.  It is an affront to Him who says "You must not have any other god but me." Exodus 20:3 NLT    

Your watch has 3 measurements of time on it, an hour hand, a minute hand, and a second hand, right?  Our great Creator also gave us 3 measurements of time, the sun to tell our days from nights, the moon to tell us when a new month begins, and the stars that mark the seasons of the year.  Make a choice to not exalt the time table of man over the time table of our Creator.

One of my favorite things... So let me tell you about the week I have had.  I interviewed for the position of social media manager with a woman who owns her own business supporting homeschoolers of high schoolers.  Throughout the week, I had to ramp up knowledge about the social media marketing world.  I didn't get the position, but I learned SO MUCH and was grateful for the opportunity.  On the other hand, I felt rebuked by Yehovah because there is nothing this woman sells or teaches that I don't know.  I have been just as successful homeschooling as she has and yet rather than doing my own thing, I would have been willing to sit on what I know and work for someone else.  Hmm.  What's wrong with that picture?  

At the same time I learned that what she was willing to pay me would have only been a small fraction of what I could earn doing the same thing working for myself.  Again, what is wrong with this picture.   

From the learning rooms... Now that we have Boy Wonder's first semester of college past us, as we begin a new semester this week, we are going to do our best to include some things that we let slip last semester.  Boy Wonder and Princess Butterfly are going to be working together on a World Literature Unit.  We are starting with Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.  We are also taking the time to work on Student News Daily after watching CNN Student News.  We have been having some very good political discussions and learning about significant historical figures through biopics on Netflix.  

From the kitchen... The stress of my job drove me to the kitchen, so I have tried several new recipes over the past few weeks.  I've been a busy kitchen bee.  
Crock-Pot Breakfast Cobbler
Two Two Easy Peach Cobbler 
First time ever, I made my own rye bread for our pastrami on rye sandwiches.  Homemade Rye Bread.  
I made my own recipe for Calde Verde Soup a couple of times.  Definitely comfort food.  

Around the house... While the Grand Duchess was home on break, she had us cleaning out the garage.  For the first time in 15 years, my bike was unwrapped from Okinawa.  I just need to do some basic maintenance on it and I plan to start a bike riding regimen as soon as it gets warm enough.  

I am thinking of picking one room to work with extensively for a whole month.  Maybe by the time I get to the end of the month, I will have enough money set aside to paint.  Every room in my house needs a fresh coat of paint and window curtains.      

Honor where honor is due:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


Find me on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Donalacasa

Comments